Terranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K with Ultrastudio 4K Mini

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

bron1239

Terranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K with Ultrastudio 4K Mini

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum and am looking for help for my new Terranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K with Ultrastudio 4K Mini for Monitoring HDR on my Apple Pro Display XDR. I am using everything with a MacBook Pro 16''.

All software is updated to newest versions. My Problems are:
1. Should I connect the Pro Display via the full DisplayPort or via the USB C of the Teranex? Du both connections support 6K?
2. What Preset should be used for Dolby Vision

Would be thankful for any help.

best

jallen0

Re: Terranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K with Ultrastudio 4K

PostTue Jul 28, 2020 10:40 pm

I don't have an answer for you but am looking at something exactly like this myself. Computer > UltraStudio 4K Mini > Teranex Mini 8K SDI to HDMI HDR > LG OLED.

The computer output will be thunderbolt 3, the UltraStudio 4K Mini will output to another monitor via HDMI and to the Teranex Mini 8K SDI to HDMI HDR via SDI. The Teranex Mini 8K SDI to HDMI HDR will input into SDI channel 1 and output to the LG OLED via HDMI 1.

Here is one thing I do know. You cannot get anything but a 4K output from the UltraStudio 4K Mini. The SDI is not a pass through. Right now I would have to get the Decklink 8K Pro to the Teranex Mini 8K SDI to HDMI HDR to get higher resolutions. That pathway I am waiting on until early next year. BMD needs to come out with a better solution now that they have the 12K camera.

Did you ever figure out your answer?
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: Terranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K with Ultrastudio 4K

PostWed Jul 29, 2020 8:20 am

bron1239 wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum and am looking for help for my new Terranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K with Ultrastudio 4K Mini for Monitoring HDR on my Apple Pro Display XDR. I am using everything with a MacBook Pro 16''.

All software is updated to newest versions. My Problems are:
1. Should I connect the Pro Display via the full DisplayPort or via the USB C of the Teranex? Du both connections support 6K?
2. What Preset should be used for Dolby Vision

Would be thankful for any help.

best

You can't pass 6K this way.
It has to go over 8K card or simply use Apple screen over GUI preview (after validating accuracy).

Return to Post Production