Resolve renders scratch audio instead of sync sound.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

JornVanO

Resolve renders scratch audio instead of sync sound.

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi, my first post here and I'm having a weird problem I'm trying to get my head around.

I am working on a music video I shot on a RED Komodo, synced the R3D clips on the timeline with the original music. After I synced everything to the performance clips I deleted the scratch audio from the timeline. Applied a CC and rendered it out as individual clips with the original source name. The new rendered clips, ProRes 422HQ Ultra HD, don't have the synced audio but instead have the scratch audio from the original R3D files, even that I deleted the scratch audio from the timeline after I was done syncing.

Now comes the kicker: If I render the entire timeline out as one single clip it has the correct audio. Unfortunately I need them as individual clips with the original source name.

Because the R3D files are too big to play on my Mac, I used optimized media. Thinking that using optimized media could be the problem I deleted all the optimized media files, it made no difference.

Things I've done: made a new project, same problem. Replaced the R3D file with a ProRes file, no difference.

Could this be a bug?

I'm using the the free version, 16.2.6

Hope my post makes sense, tnx.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve renders scratch audio instead of sync sound.

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 8:38 am

Individual clips render is designed for dailies so it’s original video graded with original audio. Details of workflow in the manual.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Glenn Sakatch

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 pm

You will have to sync your clips in the edit page, not on a timeline.
Do some searching for syncing audio in Resolve.

hopefully your audio shares the timecode as the video, or you will have to do manual syncing...which to be honest I haven't done in Resolve in probably 7 years, so i'm not even sure if the procedure has changed. Again, google is your friend.

Glenn Sakatch

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Peter, sometimes i feel like we need a sticky at the top of the forums explaining individual clip output vs single clip output. Everyone seems to fall into this trap at some point. :)

Return to Post Production