Choosing GPU to AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Rogoosh

Choosing GPU to AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello,
I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place. If not, please let me know.
I'm going to build PC. I chose AMD Ryzen 9 3900X as my CPU. I heard that most people recommend 8GB RTX to combine with this CPU. Currently I can buy GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for half the price of RTX 2060 8GB. Is it worth to pay for better GPU for editing and rendering in Resolve?
Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Kacper Rogósz

MishaEngel

Re: Choosing GPU to AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 pm

Rogoosh wrote:Hello,
I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place. If not, please let me know.
I'm going to build PC. I chose AMD Ryzen 9 3900X as my CPU. I heard that most people recommend 8GB RTX to combine with this CPU. Currently I can buy GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for half the price of RTX 2060 8GB. Is it worth to pay for better GPU for editing and rendering in Resolve?
Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Kacper Rogósz

It depends what you shoot (resolution, bit-depth) how you deliver(resolution, bit-depth) and what you plan to do in between(TNR and other effects).
For 4k delivery 8GB is the absolute minimum (with NVidia cards in CUDA-mode) more is better.

Rogoosh

Re: Choosing GPU to AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 7:43 pm

It depends what you shoot (resolution, bit-depth) how you deliver(resolution, bit-depth) and what you plan to do in between(TNR and other effects).
For 4k delivery 8GB is the absolute minimum (with NVidia cards in CUDA-mode) more is better.[/quote]

Thanks for answer :) Now I mostly edit and render in 4k 25p 8bit, but in the future I'm going to upgrade my camera and than I don't want to upgrade my pc too. I would be very grateful if you recommend if there is any better graphic card than RTX 2060 8GB at this price :D

Return to Post Production