Your R10 favorite new features?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Neal Tate

Your R10 favorite new features?

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 6:42 am

Mine would have to be the upgraded noise reduction...AMAZING. With a process like neat video, it's simply too many steps (to do it 100% accurate) and any other "noise reduction" plugin just blurs the noise away and would often times be more than the average computer could handle lol, the noise reduction in R10 retains so much detail that it's almost unbelievable.....real time flawless playback on top of it. thank you BMD.

Also, is their something you wish they would have added or made better?

**please avoid discussing obvious software bugs, there is topic for it already : ) focus on features**

sorry if their is a topic for this already, if so delete and point me in the right direction.

Bernhard

Re: Your R10 favorite new features?

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 8:37 am

Hello,
I like the editing part the most.
Optical Flow on GPU where others do cheap frame blending: Awesome!
IMO, BMD is one acquisition of a video effects plugin vendor away becoming a real alternative to contemporary NLEs :)

gravitatemediagroup wrote:Also, is their something you wish they would have added or made better?

So in the context of a NLE there could be much said here; but would be unfair at this point.

But I think this here is something that would be also helpful in the context of a grading app:
De-Interlacing via Optical Flow

Best regards,
Bernhard

Sami Sanpakkila

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 8:41 am

MTS file support is on my want list!

Peter Barrett

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 7:21 am

Firstly a big congrats, Peter, to all involved. This is an outstanding piece of software, very good for a beta and I can't wait to be able to kick into touch the nedd to use an NLE for output - Avid's HD only, FCP7 Is long in the tooth, FCP X lets me down on detail and flops around... Premiere I can't face... Resolve should have all I need, with a bit of work in Motion, to deliver from the grade with a mix alongside... and we'll grab the Fraunhofer bundle this week. So high hopes. Now features requests.

I'd love a more Finder-friendly way of getting media into the Media Pool - drag and drop would be good, or at least an import window like FCP X you can drag stuff into. There seems to be a missing link here, unless there's been a change I haven't noticed...

If I want to add a clip that I know lives deep within a folder that already contains a clip I'm using I can select that clip, do a Find in Media Pool, then a Reveal in Finder - then what? I have to navigate again using the Library to delve down the same file path to find the piece of media sitting next to the one I've just found in the Finder. Or am I thick?

Also the text generators... It would be amazing to be able to set tabs, especially for rollers that need a gutter, and even better if it could stop on a partial completion. Motion will do it obviously, and I'm happy to go there, but can't see the current roller being used a lot. Good to have basic text though. Well done.
Last edited by Peter Barrett on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Barrett

Peter Barrett

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 7:21 am

Deleted
Peter Barrett

Sherwin Lau

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 am

I second that optical flow stuff.

Here's a short test I created to see how that Optical Flow worked with a difficult shot.

http://www.walkhumblyfilms.com/?p=1302

Thank you BMD!
Sherwin Lau, C.S.I.
sherwinlau.com
iMac Pro 3GHz 10-core, 64GB Ram, Vega 64
MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB memory
MacOS 12.6

ungovernedreason

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 pm

can you only change the clip speed from the edit panel? It wont let me unlock my clips for some reawswon so I can not do it like it says in the manual.
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwXLMT1XKyk&list=PL3XHcImUakQ30c-Xzd96iq5YEyk36LP-Z&index=2

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 am

Speed control is only in edit.
If your timeline is locked from editing its probably because its a Master Timeline.
Make a duplicate and unlock that, or make a new project without a Master Timeline.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to Post Production