Media Express 3.6.2 and H.264 Pro Recorder

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Eric Darling

Media Express 3.6.2 and H.264 Pro Recorder

PostWed Dec 02, 2020 11:31 pm

Media Express 3.6.2 running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit sees the installed Decklink SDI 4K card just fine, but it does not see the H.264 Pro Recorder when it is connected. I can confirm that the device does show up under Sound, video and game controllers in the Device Manager.

I have Desktop Video 11.7 installed. I have tried multiple USB cables and ports on the computer. In each case, the new device sound plays, and the device shows up as it should in Device Manager. However, Media Express just refuses to see the device no matter what. I've even tried repairing the Desktop Video 11.7 install.

Is there some other reason this device wouldn't be working with this new software version?
Eric Darling | eThree Media
www.ethreemedia.com

AtlantaDan

Re: Media Express 3.6.2 and H.264 Pro Recorder

PostMon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 pm

Try confirming that the 12 volt power supply is working properly. If it is, you should see a little white light between the power connector and the USB connector. I had the same problem but discovered even if the 12 volt power is not working, the USB connection powers that part of the circuit to allow the system to detect the connection of the device and even identify it but Media Express doesn't see it until the 12 volt power is active.

Christophe C

PostSun Mar 05, 2023 3:17 pm

I have exactly the same problems with Desktop Video 12.4.2 and Media Express on Windows 10 Pro 64bits.
The H.264 Pro Recorder seems to work correctly in the device manager but in fact the "device not migrated" appears.
Any solution to fix this problem ?
Thanks !!!

Bluescam

PostSat Jul 22, 2023 1:29 am

I'm having this issue as well. Under "Device" H.264 Pro Recorder is grayed out. If I unplug the USB cable it says no device found. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bluescam

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 3:40 am

This does not seem to be solved. I have tried every suggestion to no avail. I somehow managed to get it to work about six months ago, but now it's back to "no device is connected".

Bluescam

PostWed Mar 13, 2024 2:46 am

Well I got it to work partially. I went to the Blackmagic folders in program files and program files x86 and double clicked all exe files. I then launched Media Express as Admin and there was the H2.64 recorder. However, the software would only partially work and I had to use keyboard commands to capture and end recording by hitting Esc. I also had to dis-select "stop if frames are dropped" or I would get looped audio. The latency was terrible, but I did get some clips to record.

Return to Post Production