Cables for UltraStudio HD Mini Analog Video In

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

NYC2LA

Cables for UltraStudio HD Mini Analog Video In

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 4:15 am

I am confused about what kind of cables to get to connect analog video out from a videotape deck to the UltraStudio HD Mini analog video in.

I have the Mitsubishi HS-MD3000U SVHS VHS PRO VCR, and its video out includes three connectors for BNC cables. They are labeled 75ohm. I assume they are for component analog video, but they are not labeled individually as Y, B-Y, R-Y, or anything like that.

Will SDI cables work for this? Is there anything that I should know when searching for cables to purchase, so that I don't spend too little or too much?

Steve Fishwick

Re: Cables for UltraStudio HD Mini Analog Video In

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Being an S-VHS deck it only has composite and S-Video (2 bnc connectors) - no component. I'm not sure if the Ultrastudio HD Mini has S-Video, it may only be component and composite, have a look in Desktop Video app settings.

Any bnc cable should work for analogue though the reverse may not be true for SDI, particularly 12G.

http://www.brsl.co.uk/pdfmedia/hs-md3000e_brochure.pdf

NYC2LA

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Thank you. Yes, sorry, I made a mistake. The Mitsubishi HS-MD3000U SVHS VHS PRO VCR has just a single composite BNC output, not component. I got confused by the other BNC connectors for loopthrough.

And indeed, I will look into the Desktop Video app settings for composite.

NYC2LA

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 9:01 pm

Desktop Video has a setting for composite analog video in. But I haven’t found instructions on which BNC connector to use on the UltraStudio HD Mini. Also, I don’t know which two BNC connectors to use if I use S-video out of the deck to Two BNC connectors.

Return to Post Production