Decklink Quad and vMix Audio Challenge

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

erichpeters

Decklink Quad and vMix Audio Challenge

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 6:52 pm

I am having a challenge with receiving audio on any other inputs other than 1 and 2 using Black Magic Decklink Quad 2 cards. I have been successful in seeing and hearing audio on all 8 inputs in the Black Magic Media Express software as well as TouchDesigner, so I know the inputs are working, yet in vMix I cannot get any audio. I have been able to recreate the challenge on 2 x99 systems, as well as 2 brand new z390 systems. I have also been able to swap out decklink cards and the problem persists. I have updated the BM drivers to the latest build, as well as tried older drivers, all yielding the same result. I have also installed 2 decklink cards in the systems and can still only get audio on channels 1 or 2 on either card. Video is always there but no audio on inputs 3-8.

I have scoured the forums, the BM forums, the Asus MB forums, the Intel processor forums, and even consulted my trusty voodoo doll and peers. All to no avail.

Am I running into a vMix limit or an driver implementation limit? Do I have 2 bad cards somehow?

Any thoughts or rants would be greatly appreciated.

The systems are:
2 x x99 2.4GHz Xenon 10 core, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 2080 Super, Samsung 850 pro boot drive, Samsung 970 media drive, Win 10pro latest build, all drivers up to date
2 x z390 3.6GHz i9 9900k 8 core, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 2070 Super, Crucial NVME boot drive, , Win 10pro latest build, all drivers up to date

erichpeters

Re: Decklink Quad and vMix Audio Challenge

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 11:24 pm

ok, problem solved ...

The audio input pull down in vMix is asking you which of the possible 8 channels are being used on that specific SDI line. So unless you have more than 2 channels of audio on that line, your selection will always be 1-2. If you do have more than 2 channels then you can do as mentioned and select all embedded channels, and then pick your selection in the channel mixer or matrix.

JohanXV

Re: Decklink Quad and vMix Audio Challenge

PostSat Mar 20, 2021 7:48 pm

There may be a conflict in the settings. when I listened to an anime movie on one site, I turned down the sound, and then I forgot to turn off the settings for headphones, and I had to not only install the driver, but also reinstall the entire system. Then I realized how and where the settings for the headphones are hidden, when I bought them and decided to install them already. It seems to me that it's not about the software, but just about the configuration technology, that is, somewhere in the settings you need to find the necessary sound parameters to make a check and then turn on the toggle switch on the headphones so that the sound does not come from the speakers.

Return to Post Production