DeckLink Mini Monitor 4k video output intermittent on Mac

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

bracherb

DeckLink Mini Monitor 4k video output intermittent on Mac

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 12:01 am

Hello BMD gurus!

I'm having a new issue with my DeckLink Mini Monitor 4k PCIe card, after the card has worked brilliantly for almost a year. It's installed in a Sonnet Echo Express SE III connected to a 2019 16" MacBook Pro via TB3 running Catalina 10.15.7. Desktop Video 12.0 is installed.

The card can still be seen as a device within Desktop Video, alongside my other BMD cards. However initially, no signal comes out of the HDMI or SDI jacks. Again, my other BMD cards provide a signal just fine, but the Mini Monitor 4K output strangely isn't working, regardless of what software I use to send video signal (Wirecast 14.1.1 or Premiere Pro CC 14.9).

HOWEVER, if I CHANGE the output resolution of the Mini Monitor 4k card within the Desktop Video system prefs, the card will suddenly spring to life and start outputting video again. Sometimes I have to select a few other resolutions before the card "wakes up" and starts sending signal at the resolution/fps I've selected. And then I can select the original resolution that I actually wanted (which it was set to initially) and actually use the card. I seem to have to repeat this process every time after I start up the computer. Reboots don't help, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Video.

Any reason why this would be happening? This little card has worked so well for so long, and suddenly it's having this issue. I'm using this card for live events, and now I panic a little every time it doesn't work when starting up. The workaround makes me nervous. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!

-bracherb

Return to Post Production