Thunderbolt on Windows AMD?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

NickMDal

Thunderbolt on Windows AMD?

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi. Am in a bind. I've been relying on an Asrock X570 Taichi with their addon thunderbolt card Thunderbolt 3 AIC R2.0.

This has been horribly unreliable. Have to leave the machine running 24/7 to not lose the drives. Well after a forced reboot, I'm out of business. No bios or software update helps.

Is there any other was to get thunderbolt running on this MB? I am seeing TB cards must be matched to specific MBs. Mine is but ASRock could care less about these problems.

It cost a lot to finally upgrade my system but am suddenly up a creek.
Resolve Studio 17.0B 39
Win 10 Home (2004) 19041.630

ASRock X570 Taichi w/TB3 AIC R2.0
ASUS ProArt PA248QV 24.1
2 Acer 1080p LCDs
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB

Apple ProRes
LaCie 2TB Bolt 3 Thunderbolt 3 SSD RAID0

BMD Micro Panel

Glenn Sakatch

Re: Thunderbolt on Windows AMD?

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Sorry, you are saying you have to have the computer running 24/7 to be able to access the drives? How else would it work?

Or are you saying after a reboot you can no longer access the drives?

I do know from a couple of different win boxes..hp workstation with TB card, as well as a MB with built in TB that you do have to authorize every device you plug into the computer. An I've found with many hard drives, that I had to search out windows versions of drivers from those manufacturers.

It looks like you are using a raid. Where was the raid created? That could be your issue as well.

Andre Augustin

Re: Thunderbolt on Windows AMD?

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 8:33 pm

I am currently using a Gigabyte x399 designare EX with a Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 card. I had issues at first but learned it was xsplit that was causing the issue. Now I am not having any issues using Thunderbolt in windows or ubuntu.
Andre Augustin
Bifuteki

Return to Post Production