Rendering Effects to Individual Clips?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

mickymirage

Rendering Effects to Individual Clips?

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 2:33 am

Is there any way to do this without rendering out a single file?

I am just trying to add a dead pixel fix to my graded clips. I am finishing in another program so I want to render back out at source resolution, but when I change my timeline settings to match the source my GPU overloads and I get an error - of course this is not a problem when rendering individual clips at source resolution lol.

Did this get solved in 17?

Just really don't want to fix the dead pixels in AE when there is such a convenient tool for it in resolve.

Thank you!

Jason Conrad

Re: Rendering Effects to Individual Clips?

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 am

No way to help you avoid the GPU overload, but “render in place” on Edit page is the easiest way to get clips with effects in R17. Before, it was “render this clip” on the deliver page. Both options are one at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

mickymirage

Re: Rendering Effects to Individual Clips?

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 1:03 am

Jason Conrad wrote:No way to help you avoid the GPU overload, but “render in place” on Edit page is the easiest way to get clips with effects in R17. Before, it was “render this clip” on the deliver page. Both options are one at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, Jason

I just put everything through after effects.

I really think Resolve should implement rendering effects to individual clips. I understand the workflow logic that "vfx is a different step in the process" but ideally software should just enable the user to do whatever they want IMO.

Return to Post Production