BRAW Metadata not showing in Premiere Pro anymore?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

rgreen517

BRAW Metadata not showing in Premiere Pro anymore?

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 pm

[*][*][*]SOLVED[*][*][*] - See solution in my reply below.

For some reason Premiere has stopped showing the Metadata information for BRAW files. Is there something that I need to have enabled? You can see the difference in the metadata display, and I have not updated Premiere Pro (Still at 14.9) between these two projects, and I have the latest version of the BRAW plugin installed in both instances.
Attachments
No Metadata.png
Now nothing really shows. Nothing has been updated.
No Metadata.png (10.61 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
All Metadata.png
All the Metadata displays in property panel
All Metadata.png (32.82 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
Last edited by rgreen517 on Sat May 01, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antoine

Re: BRAW Metadata not showing in Premiere Pro anymore?

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 am

How odd. Could you share the faulty .braw ? What happens if you move this .braw to the D: drive and lookup metadata again ?
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 7:24 am

So the only difference is a different project? Still same firmware on camera etc?
Is metadata not showing for any new project you create? How old is the previous project where it is showing? What happens if you add an unrelated/new clip to that old project?
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

rgreen517

PostSat May 01, 2021 8:21 pm

Figured it out. I was on a different system that didn't have the Blackmagic Camera Setup software installed. Once I did that, the metadata started showing again on the new files. I guess the other file, because it was indexed on the other system, it stayed with it.

ON A SIDE NOTE: It would be so awesome to be able to view the BRAW Metadata in the BRAW Player. Even at version 2.0 you can't do anything other than play the file. I have to resort to using MediaInfo to look at the metadata prior to bringing it into Premiere.

antoine

PostSun May 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Glad you solved this. But if you don't have the BRAW plugin installed, the media should have been offlined. Also, the BRAW Player works independently of the PrPro plugin
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production