Decklink Duo 2 Mini connectors?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Greg_E

Decklink Duo 2 Mini connectors?

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 7:32 pm

I have a question that I hope someone can verify for me, I'm going to try and buy one or two of the Decklink Duo 2 Mini cards https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... s/W-DLK-37 for work, and want to make sure I buy the correct adapters... Is it:

HD BNC
Mini BNC
DIN

I've seen Mini BNC listed but wanted to make certain before I request the purchase. I'm planning on having it around for emergency backup if our studio CG fails, or studio video playback server fails (for CasparCG or New Blue Titler Live) or for OBS or maybe Wirecast if I can shake more money out of the tree. Yes I do need the low profile card and bracket, I know it does not come with with the full height bracket, we have HP Z240 SFF for video work.

HD BNC cables I can make, we have a bunch of DA cards that use these, but I don't have tools for Mini BNC or DIN connectors, and don't stock the connectors. I can probably buy some Mini BNC connectors for the cable I stock, can't be too much different from the HD BNC or "regular" BNC for strip length and I should have a crimp die for them.

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Jack Fairley

Re: Decklink Duo 2 Mini connectors?

PostFri Apr 30, 2021 4:14 am

They are DIN.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Greg_E

Re: Decklink Duo 2 Mini connectors?