How do I reinstall Blackmagic RAW player?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Sean van Berlo

How do I reinstall Blackmagic RAW player?

PostFri Apr 30, 2021 10:41 am

Whenever I try to load Bmraw player or the speed test I get a QT error ('failed to load the qt platform plugin 'Windows' in ""). I downloaded the 'Blackmagic RAW v2.0' file and repaired and uninstalled it, but this does not affect the original files at all (they're not even modified). Am I missing something? Blackmagic its support page is a little bit unclear to me with regards to what software does what.

Feynmanrenders

Re: How do I reinstall Blackmagic RAW player?

PostSat May 01, 2021 11:55 am

Having the exact same problem. I already send out a support mail describing the problem & error.

I have also installed earlier versions and the problem still exists. If you used Camera Setup - blackmagic raw player gets installed with that as well I think.

Hope this issue get "resolved" soon - will update here if the support mail gets answered.

Best wishes

antoine

PostSun May 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi Sean

Did you try to uninstall first the BRAW SDK in your Control Panel (on Windows), then install again ? Are you on macOS or Windows ?
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Sean van Berlo

PostMon May 03, 2021 6:24 am

Damn, uninstalling from the control panel did the trick, can't believe I didn't think of that! Thank you so much!

antoine

PostMon May 03, 2021 7:28 am

You're welcome ! Maybe there is something wrong with their installer when 'repairing' then
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production