BRaw metadata broken in Premiere Beta v22.0

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

WindyWaker

BRaw metadata broken in Premiere Beta v22.0

PostMon Jul 12, 2021 7:02 am

Hey all, I haven't been able to find any feedback anywhere about working with older projects (created in premiere pro 15.2) in the latest beta, so I came to ask for help. I had a project going since last December and I've been editing BMPCC4k footage in premiere pro using the raw tab to do things like a temporary grade, enable luts, adjust exposure and whatnot. Well I had updated the blackmagic raw plugin on my computer at the same time as my camera so everything would be working for an upcoming shoot, and when I return to my older project, I get the same message other users asked about reminding me to update to the latest version of premiere pro, 15.4.

I was confused but found the beta version pretty easily. Upon opening the project again though, I can no longer edit the metadata, and all of the drop-down menus are doubled inexplicably. Clicking any of the menus shows no sub options, and are all blank. No clearing, relinking, or disabling of any kind has gotten the raw to work again. Clips playback just fine, and newly imported clips and projects don't have this issue, but I cannot alter the old clips at all. Has anyone else found a solution to this? I can't go back because uninstalling the beta leaves me with a raw plugin that still won't work even if it's reverted back. So there's no way I can make sidecars from the old project file, and even if I could, the beta version won't let me update the sidecars any more than I can edit metadata.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: BRaw metadata broken in Premiere Beta v22.0

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 am

I would always advise against updating software (ours or others) during a projects lifetime unless you have a good backup strategy.

You will need to create a new project with the latest versions as there have been 'breaking' changes for Premiere and our plugin.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

antoine

Re: BRaw metadata broken in Premiere Beta v22.0

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 6:27 am

Sorry Dylan it seems like there are no official upgrading or downgrading strategy for the Blackmagic RAW plugin, you need to always keep backups of the .prproj file in order to not loose your color grading and working project, before doing any change with the BMD plugin.

What is unfortunate is that this plugin gets installed automatically when you only want to install the BRAW Player for example... So users are not aware of what they are doing, and BMD doesn't explain this well.
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production