Intensity Pro 4K - output to analog? Also general quality?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

ebinrock

Intensity Pro 4K - output to analog? Also general quality?

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 4:51 pm

I know the Intensity Pro 4K card can capture from legacy analog sources (composite, S-video, component), BUT can it also OUTPUT back to analog? My son wants to make some true VHS copies of his creations for that "retro" look.

Also, how's everyone's overall experience with the card and software been? I've seen some bad reviews of the Intensity Pro 4K, talking about its loud fan, stuttery capture, legacy inefficient codecs with massive file sizes, etc. Does it play nice/seamlessly with Premiere Pro on Windows 10?

If this card is not all that good, are there alternatives that are reasonably priced AND can output back to analog?

dpalomaki

Re: Intensity Pro 4K - output to analog? Also general quali

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 5:45 pm

The main issue I have had with the IP4K is that the the results when trying to capture component SD video are not satisfactory.; the levels are off. The original IP did much better. HDMI capture works well. However, I have not tried analog output from it.

Files may be large, but that translates to less compression which usually is good, especially if you intend to do any serious editing and/or restoration. In any case storage is low cost.

Peter Cave

Re: Intensity Pro 4K - output to analog? Also general quali

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 12:49 am

The BMD product pages have detailed Technical Specs for each capture device. You can look there for a device which has the features you need.
Resolve 18.6.2 Mac OSX 13.6 Ventura
Mac Studio Max 32GB UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to Post Production