Decklink Mini Recorder - No Video

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

PaulWitek

Decklink Mini Recorder - No Video

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Hello all -

I'm having some trouble with my Decklink Mini Recorder.

We have a small Windows 10 pc that we use for livestreaming. As of May/June of this year, the Decklink Mini Recorder was working perfectly.

Now, when I pulled it out of the case to check it for an upcoming event, the Decklink Mini Recorder is not showing video.

In Blackmagic Desktop Video, I can change the inputs, and when HDMI is selected, it shows the resolution/framerate that is being fed into the HDMI port. However, in Media Express, I can see audio levels, but no video. Likewise, when trying to set up a livestream with Livestream Studio, it shows as :no signal".

While it's frustrating any time problems like this come along, this is particularly infuriating because not very long ago it was working fine. Also, Windows recognizes the card, Desktop Video recognizes the card *and* the input signal, but that's about as far as it gets.

Any suggestions?

rich927

Re: Decklink Mini Recorder - No Video

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 3:42 am

I am having similar problem with my Decklink Card too. Last year, I installed a Decklink Mini Capture in my Computer with Windows 10 Operating System. I connected a Blackmagic ATEM Mini, via the HDMI Card as my Video source and using Blackmagic Media Express as my Capture/Playback software. Last August, everything worked fine. Excellent Video quality. I had to stop my Video producing project for a while. When I went to use my setup two weeks ago, nothing worked right. Capture quality was terrible and Media Express went South. I have been chasing the problem down with no luck. The only thing that has changed since I installed the Hardware and Software, is the updates for the Software and the Windows 10 updates. Windows Update installed a new Driver for the Decklink card and Blackmagic Media Express had an update too. I think there is where the problem is, somewhere in the updates. I am going to try to roll back all of my updates and see if that solves the problem. The ATEM Mini and the Decklink Card was a perfect combination for what I want to do.
My Computer is a Lenovo 510A-15ICB, Intel Core i5ICB-8400 CPU @ 2.80 GHZ, 8Gig Ram with a 1 Terra byte Western Digital Drive. I don't think the Computer is the problem. It has to be in the Software, Operating System and Drivers. Everything worked fine eight months ago. If any one has any suggestions or helpful hints, I would appreciate you adding to this post. I'm not trying to hijack this post. Hoping other will share their knowledge to help us.

PaulTGG

Re: Decklink Mini Recorder - No Video

PostThu Feb 23, 2023 4:28 am

Bumping for visibility.

I have a Decklink Mini HD that won't capture my desktop over HDMI. It will capture my camcorder without issue, but when I swap cables to my desktop, there's no video. (Not sure if there's audio because of my use-case.)

Before anyone asks...
1. I'm using OBS to capture. No, there are no issues with OBS, since it captures the camera without issue.
2. Yes, my cables are short (maybe 2 metres/ 6ft. tops)
2a. Yes, I've tried different cables.
3. Yes, my OS is up-to-date.
3a. Yes, I've tried different operating systems (Windows and Linux).
4. Yes, my drivers are up to date.
5. Yes, my Blackmagic software is up to date.
6. No, there's no other software using the Decklink (again, it works with no issue when I plug my camera in - swapping cables wouldn't affect that).
7. Yes, I've tried different captures framerates/resolutions, in both Windows and Linux.
8. Yes, I've tried different refresh rates out of my computer.
9. Yes, I've tried different screen configurations (mirrored, extended, etc.)
10. Yes, the computer output is working fine - I can plug it into a different monitor, and it works without issue.

...and 11 (and most importantly), if anyone from Blackmagic sees this, yes, I would be more than happy to get you more info, or help debug/troubleshoot/whatever else I can do to help!

Return to Post Production