Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor not displaying video...

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Philip Kapadia

Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor not displaying video...

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 pm

Hello all!

I've just brought my first I/O card, the Blackmagic Decklink mini monitor, but I'm having an issue with it...

I'm not getting a picture out of the decklink card when my avid media composer project is at 25fps. Avid media composer automatically changes the output format in the desktop video setup application to whatever the avid project setting is at. Is there a way to stop this? My monitor plugged into the decklink card does not support 25fps, only 60hz, so 60fps works fine, but when avid changes it to 25fps, my monitor shows a black screen and an error message (telling me that this framerate is not supported)

I wanted to ensure I had the correct settings. When setting the default video standard to 1080 25fps, my monitor gives me an error message telling me that framerate is not supported, and to change it to 1080p 60hz. When set up at 1080i60, I get no error message on my monitor.

Is there a way to "LOCK" the Output format of the Decklink Mini Monitor card to a specific resolution that my monitor supports? I don't want media composer changing that setting when in different projects.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
Last edited by Philip Kapadia on Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Editing Movie Magic.
Freelance Film Editor // Technical Expert
Avid Media Composer // DaVinci Resolve Studio 18
philipkapadia.com

Philip Kapadia

Re: Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor not displaying video...

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 3:09 pm

This issue was fixed by switching from 1080P progressive to 1080PsF Segmented video in the desktop video setup.

See screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-10-16 160908.png
Screenshot 2021-10-16 160908.png (206.91 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Editing Movie Magic.
Freelance Film Editor // Technical Expert
Avid Media Composer // DaVinci Resolve Studio 18
philipkapadia.com

Return to Post Production