Blackmagic RAW Premiere Problems

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

nickmitz

Blackmagic RAW Premiere Problems

PostSat Jan 08, 2022 12:27 am

Hello everyone. Having some major issues within premiere with the Blackmagic RAW plugin. Just got a new laptop about 3-4 weeks ago but never noticed it before. Opened up premiere today and tried accessing the Blackmagic RAW tab within premiere and it is all messed up. Won't let me do any drop down menus, everything you can do within the plugin is duplicated, (saturation, temperature, etc.)

Uploaded a screenshot of what the plugin looks like. Anyone else have this problem? Tried downgrading both premiere and the Blackmagic RAW player.

On an M1 Max Macbook Pro. Thinking maybe that might be the problem?

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 4.11.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 4.11.18 PM.png (379.95 KiB) Viewed 2938 times

rNeil H

Re: Blackmagic RAW Premiere Problems

PostSat Jan 08, 2022 4:12 am

I was working some BRAW today in Premiere on PC with the Autokroma plug-in just fine today.

So it might be either the M1 or BM plug-in. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Uli Plank

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 12:18 am

I don't use Premiere but can import BRAW into AE just fine.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

antoine

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 11:00 am

Sad to hear about this ! Could you tell us if the issue happens only when reopening a PrPro project ? Would be great to know if the problem happens also when you're creating a fresh new project or only when saving, exiting then reopening the project.

About After Effects, the BRAW plugin from Blackmagic doesn't support it officially but it ends up working sometimes and we can import BRAW into AEfx with it under some conditions (we've seen black frames sometimes and weird Alpha interpretation popups)
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Uli Plank

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 11:54 am

I can see those weird questions about alpha too, but my camera footage rarely contains alpha ;-) so ignore them.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

nickmitz

PostMon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 am

antoine wrote:Sad to hear about this ! Could you tell us if the issue happens only when reopening a PrPro project ? Would be great to know if the problem happens also when you're creating a fresh new project or only when saving, exiting then reopening the project.

About After Effects, the BRAW plugin from Blackmagic doesn't support it officially but it ends up working sometimes and we can import BRAW into AEfx with it under some conditions (we've seen black frames sometimes and weird Alpha interpretation popups)

This happened on a fresh new project and older projects.
I can import the clips perfectly fine and play them. But it's when I go to edit it within the BRAW tab in the Effects panel of the clip that this all pops up.

rNeil H wrote:I was working some BRAW today in Premiere on PC with the Autokroma plug-in just fine today.

Haven't ever tried the autokroma one but could definitely give it a shot. Was hoping maybe someone else with an M1 Max could reply and see if they were having problems as well.

Anyone out there with an M1 that having problems?

Uli Plank

PostMon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 am

You may want to ask in a Premiere forum. Not too many folks are using Premiere around here.

Return to Post Production