Vintage Teranex 3RU questions

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

xymox1

Vintage Teranex 3RU questions

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 6:24 am

I have a Teranex 3RU VC3 stuffed with boards. I want to preserve some important Teranex history.

This is quite vintage but works great. It does a great job for what I am doing. At the time it redefined post production upconversion and set in motion the technology used today.

I have a stack of gear designed to do composite NTSC to 1080P23.98 and 1080I59.94 as best that could be done back in the day. In fact I took best pic at a number of trade shows back in the day with this stack. This stack is the gear that set the new high bar for the upconversion industry.

The VC-3 still works great.. But that will not last forever. It has a SSD in it.

I am looking to figure out a few things..

I need a license key for the remote software, Phindows 1 for QNX. Maybe someone has one laying around. That is one thing I don't have. I have the software.

ALSO.. I would really like to preserve the Teranex history. This was a pivotal box in its day with nothing close to it. It was a killer product at the time and changed the bar for quality for upconversion and put in motion everything that led to current Teranex parts. It redefined things back in the day. Some of you may remember.

There is a SSD drive in these are that will one day decay. That will render them bricks. I can clone the SSD and avoid this fate.

What I would like to do is get a unit fully keyed and loaded with every option - like the demo units used to have, then clone the SSD. I would also like the Telnet login to the QNX to gain real access to it.

As modern equipment is way better, and I am not sure any of the VC-3's still exist but mine, giving out these keys and stuff would effect no one, ever, and allow me to get a SSD clone working that is a complete archive of a fully configured unit to preserve its history. I would make the SSD image avaliable to Blackmagic in case they wanted to do the same thing or help any one who owns one in the future.

Yea I know,, its old and forgotten.. BUT.. Maybe in Blackmagic someplace are files and key gens for the VC-3. I have a very complete set of documents from back in the day. I have firmware images. I have extensive documentation of things like the remote API.

Here is my stack.. This is doing laserdisc > SNell & Wilcox > Datasat to HDMI.. Click to download and wait for it to load.. https://xymox1.com/Misc/IMG_4754.MOV

Return to Post Production