Power point not showing in micro SDI 3g converter

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Ronald Czarnecki

Power point not showing in micro SDI 3g converter

PostThu May 12, 2022 6:30 am

I am trying to capture a microsoft power point with Blackmagic Design Micro Converter HDMI to SDI 3G and have it show up in OBS.

Seems the output shows up as black even in media express as well as in OBS. Strange my friends laptop could not output but when we switched to a different converter it worked. I have three converters and his laptop worked on two of the three converters. However my camera worked on the third converter so it works. My laptop was working on all three but now will not output on any of the converters.

I think a windows update came in when it stopped working in the mini converter.

What setting can I look at? What in power point should I look at?

Ronald Czarnecki

Re: Power point not showing in micro SDI 3g converter

PostWed May 25, 2022 3:41 am

Solved

I noticed OBS streaming was recognizing and showing the Power point output (from the laptop, through converter into decklink) when not using administrative mode of Open Broadcast Studio to start the application. However when I opened up OBS with administration mode the decklink would not show the power point in OBS but it was showing in media express. I therefore figured out it was the power point coming in with the same log in administration rights from the laptop using Office 365.

Another words when using administrative mode in opening OBS you cannot also be using those same log in credentials on the laptop when using office 365 for power point output.

Return to Post Production