Cloud Pod Issues

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

jrdnhunting

Cloud Pod Issues

PostTue May 24, 2022 6:47 pm

I have 3 Cloud Pods and have been trying to get them set up to start syncing our dropbox which for this particular folder is only around 500gb. The problem is that after I select the folders to sync and let it get started, a minute or two later the drive becomes *disconnected* and nothing works thereafter.

Rebooting, re-formatting, factory reset, swapping drives, swapping Cloud Pods, changing the sync direction, all have no effect, it always just bugs out after a few moments of starting the syncing process.

I am using a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD, both the 1tb and 4tb version are having the identical issue

2022-05-24 14_40_36-Cloud Store Setup.png
2022-05-24 14_40_36-Cloud Store Setup.png (69.5 KiB) Viewed 12747 times

Bob Zelin

Re: Cloud Pod Issues

PostSat May 28, 2022 3:10 pm

Here is my stupid observation.
It shows that next to "Cloud Pod folder" - it says "No Local Drive Attached !"

so -
do you have a drive attached to the Cloud Pod ?
It is formatted exFAT or HFS+ (because that is the only 2 formats that the Cloud Pod works with).

When you say you "reformatted the drive" - where did you reformat it ? What format did you make it ?

I assume that your Dropbox sync will fail if the system sees no drive on the Cloud Pod !

Bob
Bob Zelin
bobzelin@icloud.com
www.bobzelin.com

Ben Hilton

PostSun Mar 05, 2023 5:04 pm

Hi, did you find a resolution to this? I have drives plugged in, which I can access over Ethernet, but am having the same error with the cloud storage sync?

Hopefully you found the cause of the error or a fix?

Thanks so much!

Ben Hilton

PostMon Mar 06, 2023 3:22 pm

I've tried a factory reset and despite always initially working well, eventually the cloud pod reverts to saying 'No local drive attached' on the cloud sync page. Even power cycling the cloud pod isn't fixing it. Is there anything that can be done in the settings?

zhangyong

PostWed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 am

We too !

Ryan Ragle

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 5:00 pm

I too have a team member experiencing this same result. Re cycles the power, starts up the Cloud Store software, and the drive re-connects. After about 2 to 3 minutes, the cloud pod says 'No local storage attached'. We are using 4TB G-Drive SSD USB 3.2 Type-C. Would love to hear if anyone has found a solution.

AllanO

PostWed May 03, 2023 10:35 pm

Same very annoying issue here - I can connect to the drive in finder but can't set up a sync to DropBox

My Team dint trust this anymore

Any solutions ?

Cheers

Allan
CTO
Copenhagen Rig

Roen Davis

PostSat May 13, 2023 9:24 am

I would like to find a solution for this too.
It worked for several days. I was able to transfer some several TB of files but now, a week later, it is giving me permissions errors.
to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Roen Davis

PostTue Jul 11, 2023 6:07 am

Every several hours Cloud Pod drops the ball. Is still visible in Explorer but once clicked it says it needs log in. If I launch the Cloud Pod Setup app, it says network disconnected. New 10gbe hub, I don’t notice any other dependents having trouble. It causes DaVinci to hang.

gmanzano

PostWed Jul 19, 2023 10:53 pm

Are you guys running the latest version of the cloud store set up utility?

I have not seen this pop up myself. I am using the lates cloud store utility app and have been using Samsung T5 SSD , the 1Tb size.

Roen Davis

PostFri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 pm

Point 5?
I installed the other day and haven’t noticed it going dark on the network but I haven’t had the time or patience to give it a rigorous run.

Roen Davis

PostFri Jul 28, 2023 2:51 am

I went to change the Dropbox/Google sync settings and it went dark again for the first time since installing 1.1.5

soundswrite

PostThu Oct 05, 2023 5:13 am

SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD have issues. There are lots of videos on Youtube addressing this now. But I am sure you heard about it in the meantime.

freddi

PostTue Oct 10, 2023 4:16 pm

I'm having this issue with the Cloud Pod 20TB. When I try to add a Google Drive Sync through the Cloud Store Setup application, it just has "No local drive attached."

Anyone found a solution yet? I can't really use it in earnest without knowing that we'll have online backups.

lukashd

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 9:26 am

How is it going with these issues? Is Cloud Pod working by now? Considering to buy one but your posts don't sound reassuring.
thx, lukas
DaVinci Resolve 18.6. Studio
macOS 13.4.1 Ventura
Macbook Air M1 ;-)
Blackmagic Ultrastudio Monitor 3G
Eizo CG247X

Roen Davis

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 10:22 am

I had to put in 10gbe. It has given me, in a small boutique, additional storage options along with the cloud pod ability to sync to Drive and Dropbox. Today I had to send audio media for sound post. I rendered straight to a cloud pod drive that was like a Drive watch folder. It was smooth. I have had issues but it’s been stable enough lately. Motivating me to do the 10gbe was probably the best as it opened up so many other options.

tongzie

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 4:11 pm

I finally got my cloudpod working... for a day, now I get this same error - I don't have the option to put in 10ge, so does that mean I'm SOL?

Do I now have an expensive doorstop? Interested to hear what others have done and if they're able to resolve it.

FYI, I'm using a Samsung 1TB drive, with the Cloudpod connected directly to my router and accessing the drive via wifi.

When I get the error I can still access the drive in Finder, but in the Cloud Store Setup app, even though the front screen shows the drive is connected, I get the error when I go to the Cloud Sync tab.

Return to Post Production