driver for BlackMagic Card

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Rocker78

driver for BlackMagic Card

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 1:24 am

Hi, I've been out of editing for awhile but I'm getting back in. I'm using lowly iMovie on a Monterey Mac (2012 dual 6 core) I just bought used. I have an (oldish) black magic PCIe card with 2 HDMI outputs and a dongle ( if they're still called that) with several output cables and plugs, two of which are audio. Neither of the audio outputs work and neither do the HDMI outputs on the card. I'd like to know what driver I need to download to this computer to make the BlackMagic card work? Thanks for helping a (sort of) newbie out. Also, I'm getting a tiny little click/pop at the end of some of my clips. ( project was entirely shot on i Phone last month). Can I solve that by shortening each clip by a frame or is more complicated? Thanks again.

Uli Plank

Re: driver for BlackMagic Card

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 am

Try with an older version of the Desktop Video software. They are all still on the support page if you scroll the column, not the page.
That audio issue might be caused by the fact that the iPhone (like most smartphones) is not recording at a fixed frame rate and DR doesn't like that. So, fixing it can be difficult.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Howard Roll

Re: driver for BlackMagic Card

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 4:50 pm

Desktop Video 12.3 supports the Intensity Pro on Intel Macs under Monterey.

It is iMovie that's unsupported.

Good Luck

imovieno.png
imovieno.png (83.71 KiB) Viewed 751 times

Return to Post Production