Cloud Pod no Google Sync

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

CUBuffskier

Cloud Pod no Google Sync

PostThu Oct 13, 2022 11:34 pm

I’m late to testing google drive on cloud pod 1.3 but can’t get it to do any uploading. Dropbox has been fine but I’d rather use google.

Anyone else had this problem?
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

Resolve Studio 18.0.1 Build3
Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro, 64GB RAM, 24 Core GPU, 2TB SSD, 24" LG Ultrafine, 3G Ultrastudio, Speed Editor

Pirrao

Re: Cloud Pod no Google Sync

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 9:39 am

i'm seen the same problem. To my personal Google Drive it uploads without any problem but for my
Google Workspaces account it only says connecting and only updates de folders and not the files.

lucapale

PostSat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 am

I am also having problems with syncing on Google Drive. Dropbox works fine, but Drive is stuck on "searching" for any folder I try to sync.
I have installed the latest release of software 1.0.4.
Is there any suggestion to fix this?
Thanks
Luca
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 11.15.57.png
Screenshot 2023-01-28 alle 11.15.57.png (90.7 KiB) Viewed 8672 times

Ryan Ragle

PostSat Feb 11, 2023 3:55 am

I also just bought a cloud pod and am also experiencing the static 'Searching...' for google drive sync, whereas testing out dropbox, it worked flawlessly. I installed the most recent firmware of 1.1.2, have a brand new HFS+ formatted drive, running Mac OS Ventura. Just looking to see if anyone has found a fix.

timmeredith

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 8:23 am

Similar problem for me. Google Drive stuck on "searching" for a long time, finally says "connected", but has only synced two files (assuming some kind of DB/config files), but nothing synced from Google Drive to the Cloud Store. Two-way sync was selected, but clearly not working.

On a related note, Google Drive sync only seems to recognise folders in "My Drive", as opposed to "Shared Drives" in Google Workspace. For that reason I copied all media from the shared team drives to the personal My Drive to allow the Cloud Pod to see it, but still the main issue above prevents this from working.

timmeredith

PostFri Feb 24, 2023 3:57 pm

Ok, so i think i can now see the issue. It looks like you need to move all the files/folders you want to sync into the sub-folder created when you set up the sync. I think by default it is set to a folder called "media cloud store".

Even though it syncs the folders when you put them in the parent directory, it won't sync the files within, so it seems to be a weird issue with recursively looking through each folder. However, the fix for me was moving all of my media, complete with my original directory structure, into the sub-folder.

Of course, you do then need to relink all your media bins within projects, but that should only take a few seconds and be mostly automated when you open up a project and select relink.

It's not very well explained and quite unclear, but that did resolve it for me. Pun intended :D

soulmagic123

PostThu May 18, 2023 5:21 pm

I cant get the simplest file to show up via google drive, dropbox syncs, zero issues, google drive just doesnt seem like it works at all! So bummed.....

ripchen56

PostMon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 am

same issue here - mine is stuck on "calculating size"

for Mac users check "full disk access" - that seemed to get it to work
Resolve 18.6.5
Sonoma 14.4
M2 Ultra

ripchen56

PostWed Oct 18, 2023 10:54 am

with Cloud Store 1.1.;6 back to stuck on "calculating size" with Google Drive