Blackmagic Reference Monitor

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Steve Fishwick

Re: Blackmagic Reference Monitor

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 11:08 am

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:What is not true in fact that spec says minimum 2000:1 and monitors do <1500:1? Contrast is defined as "shall" so it means monitor has to be able to deliver it. This means you can't treat EBU spec literally, but more like a recommendation and try to be as close as possible to it. Otherwise you may have no monitor to work on

Again it's not a recommendation, here you go: https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3320v4_1.pdf
It's a set of technical definitions of what is and what is not Grade 1. If you choose to use a lesser monitor, as a facility and get the job done, all well and good. But you are not using a true Grade 1 reference monitor.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 11:15 am

Ok then- which SDR monitor meets EBU spec and can be treated grade 1 then?

Steve Fishwick

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am

'Shall be' is the biblical imperative Shalt be in EBU/BBC boffin speak, Andrew :lol:

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 11:20 am

Sorry we follow spec which you quoted:
"Shall"- Indicate requirements to be followed strictly and from which no deviation is permitted in order to conform to the document.

Waiting for list of grade 1 monitors.

Steve Fishwick

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 11:27 am

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Waiting for list of grade 1 monitors.

In those contrast terms LG Ultrafine Oled currently, SmallHD Oleds and Visions; KonVisions, some TV-Logics, some Swits, for example. You get what you pay for Andrew and if you absolutely need a Grade 1 monitor, with that contrast spec then you can get one. Otherwise I wouldn't keep worrying about it.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 11:33 am

Sorry- it has to meet whole spec not just contrast.
Start analysing whole spec and check if mentioned monitors meet all bits of it. It may be not that easy, even with today's tech. Before OLED it was very difficult to meet EBU spec.
HDR spec is actually more realistic although spec says nothing about color volume which for HDR is important. Specs needs an update for sure. HDR section is rather outdated and done 'roughly'.

You should rather said that grade 1 is what industry treats as it, after studio's internal checks, measurements etc.

Steve Fishwick

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Andrew as Marc said you simply don't know what you're talking about. :)

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 2:22 pm

No, I don't and you and Marc use grade 1 monitors which can't meet spec which meant to define them.
We are even :lol:
Reference display is basically the best what is available on the market at current time (not really the one which meets EBU spec). Not so sure if Dolby PRM 4200 would meet EBU spec, but it was the best what market offered (at the time), which in reality meant 'reference'. Same today with HDR, except that today consumer equipment is much closer to those "reference" ones than old days (because no one wants to develop purely pro panels as there is no money there).

Could you also show me at least one manufacture which actually uses reference to EBU spec when they say on their website "grade 1" monitor?

Marc Wielage

PostThu Nov 17, 2022 4:02 am

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:No, I don't and you and Marc use grade 1 monitors which can't meet spec which meant to define them.

No, I'd say I'm using a Grade-2 display. Definitions are at this link:

USER REQUIREMENTS FOR VIDEO MONITORS IN TELEVISION PRODUCTION
https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3320.pdf

I would say it's pretty much a given at this point that the cost of entry for a Grade-1 mastering display is US$20,000. I don't think you can do it for less -- yet.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Nov 17, 2022 10:45 am

This link been quoted few times already and point is that probably not a single monitor meets grade 1 badge regardless of its price. Maybe manufactures use this spec as a guide, but not a single one quotes it when they talk about reference level of they hardware. Reality is that reference is basically what is best on the market.

Steve Fishwick

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 12:06 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Could you also show me at least one manufacture which actually uses reference to EBU spec when they say on their website "grade 1" monitor?

Here's one Andrew, that claims so: http://digitaldevice.ua/uploads/files/55-5(Final).pdf. I imagine this Sony is too (for SDR) but they never quote contrast figures: https://pro.sony/en_GB/products/broadcastpromonitors/bvm-e251#ProductSpecificationsBlock-bvm-e251

The reference Oleds from SmallHD do most certainly also, they are around 10K dollars though. The LG Oled Ultrafine I mentioned does meet all requirements too, except SDI and tally, and is less than 5K. Most of these monitors exceed spec on colourspace being near or at 100% P3. It is rather easy for an Oled to exceed EBU spec for SDR but as I say sub black deception could be a problem due to their infinite contrast ratios. However properly calibrated and with scopes they are very good solutions currently.

As Marc says for HDR, you're looking at 20K plus and Oleds will never meet the proper Nits requirements there.

Most of the monitors we use are what JVC describe as near EBU Grade 1 (http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/features.jsp?model_id=MDL102455), like the FSI DM240 or the SmallHD 1703P3X I use at home. Contrast around 1500:1 is not a deal breaker and I've delivered hundreds of hours of broadcast TV that's passed all QC on such monitors for some time. My client monitor is a VA 10bit consumer 40" TV that has 3000:1 contrast, though I wouldn't call it Grade 1 :lol:

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 1:23 pm

Sorry, but you first talk about grade 1 monitors and then when I show you spec which defines them you cherry pick parameters from it :D (I don't care about tally light etc, but picture parameters).

You still seems to miss my point that EBU spec is one thing and real world is slightly different and monitor manufactures not exactly follow it (hence I called it recommendation but you don't agree with this wording). Eg. Panasonic panel is good, but angles are rather poor, but we can live with it in real world (seat directly). If you follow EBU spec then it's not grade 1, but real life treats it this way (which I think is ok).

Have you seen single Orion monitor as I never even heard of it. Maybe it's good, don't know.
I see no reference to EBU and never seen Sony quoting it (like Orion does which is a proper way).

Some good OLED may now (finally) meet EBU spec although you would still have to properly check it as things as angles restrictions are not so obvious. I think there are quite few SDR monitors which can be treated as reference for SDR and they don't have to be that expensive as you said.

Reference HDR today is either Sony X300 or monitors using Panasonic panel (assuming they are done well, like Sony, Eizo even if they have fairly bad angles). For me all others don't deserve HDR reference badge (there are also Dolby but this is not easily available, so I skipped it).

Also EBU is broadcasting body and post is a wider industry and those 2 worlds sometimes operate very differently. Where broadcast uses heavily compressed XDCAM format, high-end post operates on EXR.

Steve Fishwick

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 2:19 pm

:? I give up! If you need to be right all the time Andrew practice online quizzes - no one can hear you scream on forums :lol:

Lucius Snow

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Reference HDR today is either Sony X300 or monitors using Panasonic panel (assuming they are done well, like Sony, Eizo even if they have fairly bad angles).

The X300 is still behind those with the Panasonic dual LCD panel because of the ABL issues.

Do we know why Panasonic stopped the production of the best panel around?

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 6:42 pm

Yes, even this OLED panel has issue with brightness, but according to EBU spec ( :lol: ) you just need 1% to hit 1000nits to be classified as grade 1 :) (200nits should be displayed full screen without any limiting).
Sony had hard time developing X300 RGB panel and this is probably the reason why they gave up and never made new/bigger panel. I think they could make it better today, but it's (again) probably not profitable.
X300 may have edge on color volume, but I'm not sure.

Sony document which shows some differences to X300:
https://www.atreid.com/media/MK20281V1_h.pdf
Funny that Sony talks about it as they would develop the panel :)

Dual layer panels consume a lot of energy, so when Panasonic realised it will have crazy hard time to meet EU etc. restrictions on energy consumption for home market they gave up on technology. This is suspected reason. Developing and producing such a panel just for pro market is probably waste of many (if you count possible sales vs. costs of development).

How is Eizo uniformity very near black ? Eizo uses 24bit processing pipe (at least where it matters) in Prominence- don't know any other company doing it.

Also- Sony has this document which is very interesting (and again proves that grade 1 doesn't 100% guarantee same look):
https://pro.sony/s3/2021/01/22153635/Mo ... 1222_E.pdf

Steve Fishwick

PostSat Nov 19, 2022 10:36 am

Andrew, you seem very hung up on what is a true Grade 1 reference monitor and you say there are no current monitors that could ever meet that spec. I only kept mentioning the tally lamp because it a useless legacy of CRT and OB reference requirements, to illustrate there are only certain parameters that could be now critical. Here's Netflix's take, which can be regarded as a modern subset on the EBU document and contains the only things that matter: https://partnerhelp.netflixstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000591787-Color-Critical-Display-Calibration-Guidelines

You can see that black level is the most important determinant of contrast and very few professional LCDs reach that. But the Oleds I mentioned easily do for SDR. The other thing that is not mentioned here and is very important for facilities often is SDI input and your Eizos don't have that, though I have seen them being used in facilities. But not for main grading high level suites, which tend to overwhelmingly use the Sonys Marc mentioned, here in the UK too. It stands to reason these monitors that can meet current HDR standards are more than capable of SDR also. I have no idea what you're on about with processing etc. but if a colourspace can be accurately reached 100% or more and calibrated and remains relatively stable for some time and the panel has no obvious defects and good uniformity then it is very useable and meets professional job requirements. The low Delta figure is very good indication of this capability.

At the end of the day, unless your job absolutely depends upon a Grade 1 reference monitor and I know of no one or nowhere, outside of dedicated top flight Dolby approved or perhaps internal BBC etc. suites where it does, these near Grade 1 monitors are good enough. At least no one I know doing my job worries about it anywhere near you. Over and out my friend. :)

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat Nov 19, 2022 11:18 am

I agree with you- there are quite few good choices for SDR for sure. HDR is a bit of problem although for many projects LG OLED will be enough as well. Once you required certain level you have to jump to more expensive options and there is no escape from it lik with SDR.
But I won't agree with you when it comes to SDI- typical small studio doesn't need to touch it if there is no a real need (eg distance issue), so Eizo is perfect choice as well. Where is matter there is no real difference between SDI and HDMI.

I never tried to convince anyone that you either have grade 1 monitor or you can't do any work :) I always say very opposite.

Lucius Snow

PostSat Nov 19, 2022 12:47 pm

Steve Fishwick wrote:The other thing that is not mentioned here and is very important for facilities often is SDI input and your Eizos don't have that

Not since the release of the Eizo CG3146. Anyway, like Andrew said, the signal carries "the same data" between HDMI and SDI. I mean, there's none inferior / superior in terms of quality. It's like the difference between S/PDIF and AES in audio. However, you'll get more options with SDI / AES.

Steve Fishwick

PostSat Nov 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Lucius Snow wrote:Not since the release of the Eizo CG3146. Anyway, like Andrew said, the signal carries "the same data" between HDMI and SDI. I mean, there's none inferior / superior in terms of quality. It's like the difference between S/PDIF and AES in audio. However, you'll get more options with SDI / AES.

It doesn't matter whether it carries the same signal, the infrastructure in facilities and professional broadcast is largely SDI - I made no qualitative judgement about signals, just an observation from spending my working life in such environments. Try running HDMI cables over 100s of metres in an OB situation or a large facility.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat Nov 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:But I won't agree with you when it comes to SDI- typical small studio doesn't need to touch it if there is no a real need (eg distance issue), so Eizo is perfect choice as well. Where is matter there is no real difference between SDI and HDMI.

Who is talking big facilities, OB, etc.? It says quite clearly there- if you don't have to you don't need to touch SDI today. 1000s smaller studio can run without SDI without any issue.
Post is not just broadcast, there is other huge section which has not much to do with broadcast and operates in very different reality- in one or few rooms where distance, cables knocking is not an issue.
Modern broadcast is also not SDI based but IP and a lot is done today without any cables :)

tristansummers

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 4:47 pm

If we go back to the LG 32EP950 for a moment.
Looks like a very decent option for most purposes and currently under $2000
It is an RGB OLED panel that goes up to around 500nits, which is over the recommended luminance for diffuse white so really it is just your trim highlight passes which as far as I know you still need the big Resolve panel to do properly anyway. So it should be accurate up to its limits if it follows the curve correctly, right? Wish it had been out when I had to buy the C1
The Dolby PRM was around 600nits when brand new but any still alive are probably around 300, though with the supersonic jet engine power capability to do a large proportion of the screen, well in Europe, maybe not in 110V land!
BMD do make a monitor for production purposes and alledegedly the 8k ultrastudio calibrates good enough for general use

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 5:41 pm

Yes, just not sure why you need big Resolve panel to do 1000 nits ?

Lucius Snow

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Yes, just not sure why you need big Resolve panel to do 1000 nits ?

Maybe he talks about the trim pass for Dolby Vision which can be adjusted on the large panel only. I launched several requests to add the Mini Panel support, like Dolby did.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Ok, but this is just usability issue, not a gain in feature itself.

Lucius Snow

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 4:27 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Ok, but this is just usability issue, not a gain in feature itself.

Exactly.

Marc Wielage

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 6:04 am

Lucius Snow wrote:Do we know why Panasonic stopped the production of the best panel around?

My guess is that they weren't making enough money with it. The broadcast display business is not a huge one, and I don't think it makes a lot of money. I would bet Sony makes 100 times more money on cameras than they do on monitors.

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Sony had hard time developing X300 RGB panel and this is probably the reason why they gave up and never made new/bigger panel. I think they could make it better today, but it's (again) probably not profitable.

Well, there is the replacement, the BVM-X310, which is a current model:

https://pro.sony/ue_US/products/broadca ... /bvm-hx310

We were told that Sony could no longer obtain sufficient parts to keep the X300 in production, so they opted to go with a dual-layer LCD panel instead. And I'm told recently that panel is also no longer made, so if Sony decides to stay in that business, they'll probably have to go with something else. Maybe they'll have some new technology to show at NAB 2023.

Both the X300 and the X310 are widely accepted as Grade-1 mastering displays, by Netflix, Amazon, Apple, HBO, Warner Bros., the BBC, and pretty much all the mastering companies I know of in the world. Have you ever actually seen or used a BVM? They really are in a class by themselves. I've used them since about 1990, going back to the standard-def BVM displays, so it's an established standard that's been around for a long time. I think even the standard-def CRT models were over $15,000 back in the day. The venerable BVM-32E -- pretty much the first widely-used HD display in the mastering business -- was well over $20,000. Tough monitor to set up. I think I've used at least a dozen of those in the late 1990s and throughout the 2000s, and they were a beast. I was glad to see the flat panels come in, because they were actually more reliable and easier to move around.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 11:00 am

I worked in R&D and had Sony X300 on my desk for weeks before it was publicly available.
Yes, I have seen it and talked to Sony engineers many times. They said it was very difficult to make and bigger size is unlikely to happen. This was of course years ago, but bigger size actually never happened.
I also had Dolby PRM at then same time and both been grade 1 looked as "end visual experience" very different (even if colors itself were matching quite well). This is why place I worked never had two grade 1 monitors in the same room (unless they are the same brand and matched very well).

I don't think Sony used 3rd party panel in the past, so this clearly shows you were whole pro market is going.
Panasonic rather obviously were trying to make new tech for consumer market, but when realised it goes no where due to power draw restrictions they shut whole R&D without even thinking much about pro market.

Lucius Snow

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 11:59 am

I've recently spoken to an Eizo reseller. He told that Eizo bought all the Panasonic dual LCD panel stocks left when they learnt the production was going to stop. So we should see more Eizo CG3146 than Sony X310 available in the future.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 3:56 pm

Panels will end eventually. For example Polish Eizo websites says Prominence is not available anymore. I wonder how many units left on the market from all vendors (Sony, Eizo, TVLogic etc.).

rick.lang

Blackmagic Reference Monitor

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 5:47 am

Deleted
Rick Lang

Steve Fishwick

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 7:17 am

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Panels will end eventually. For example Polish Eizo websites says Prominence is not available anymore. I wonder how many units left on the market from all vendors (Sony, Eizo, TVLogic etc.).

It's slightly alarming, isn't it? I think newer technology is going to come from Quantum dot and microLed, especially as HDR becomes more important. Very much in the consumer space at the moment but then reference monitor panels are increasingly from there, since it is very expensive and the margins are small in this niche market. I made an inquiry to SmallHD about how their monitors are not really ideal, in some ways, for post and they very kindly set up a conference call, that I have yet been able to do, due to work, it's one of the questions I will ask.

Right now if I was looking for a SDR reference monitor on a budget, I would seriously be looking at the LG EP950, either 32 or 27". Colourists are raving about them over on LGG and they can be had for around 2000 Euros, if you shop around (they were nearer 4K dollars at one point).

Uli Plank

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 8:02 am

If the traditional pro market is not sustainable anymore, we'll have to live with good consumer panels.
Manufacturers may select them and support them with more refined settings.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 11:00 am

It’s already happening (aka LG/Panasonic) and this is probably how things will end.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 11:03 am

Steve Fishwick wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Panels will end eventually. For example Polish Eizo websites says Prominence is not available anymore. I wonder how many units left on the market from all vendors (Sony, Eizo, TVLogic etc.).

It's slightly alarming, isn't it? I think newer technology is going to come from Quantum dot and microLed, especially as HDR becomes more important. Very much in the consumer space at the moment but then reference monitor panels are increasingly from there, since it is very expensive and the margins are small in this niche market. I made an inquiry to SmallHD about how their monitors are not really ideal, in some ways, for post and they very kindly set up a conference call, that I have yet been able to do, due to work, it's one of the questions I will ask.

Right now if I was looking for a SDR reference monitor on a budget, I would seriously be looking at the LG EP950, either 32 or 27". Colourists are raving about them over on LGG and they can be had for around 2000 Euros, if you shop around (they were nearer 4K dollars at one point).

SDR has few choices and that OLED panel is one of them. It calibrates incredibly well, but there seems to be a bit of panel lottery, so you may just have to send few back :P
LG is cheaper but Asus may be bit (better) overall product.

SmallHD at the end uses panels from 3rd parties as well so they can do only as good product as panels allow. No panel, no monitor.

Ellory Yu

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 pm

How about VA panels? When viewed directly in front of it, it has much higher contrast than an IPS monitor and the colors are as vivid as OLED and according to reviews the blacks are really blacks. I am mentioning it here not that they are new tech but if their specs are good enough to use as a reference, they’re inexpensive too. I know, I know you get what you pay for. But sometimes there are gold in the riffs. ;)

Just look at this comparison. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/compare/ ... 621997-REG
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Steve Fishwick

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 am

Ellory Yu wrote:How about VA panels? When viewed directly in front of it, it has much higher contrast than an IPS monitor and the colors are as vivid as OLED and according to reviews the blacks are really blacks.

I have a Panasonic TX-40JX850B VA panelled TV as a client monitor. It is remarkable for what it is and once you defeat all the processing (no mean feat), it calibrates well, via a downstream Lut. But you would have to check that calibration every week, which would be very tedious, due to potential drift and panel uniformity may be an issue too, whereas with a good pro monitor that could be 3-6 months; angle fall off is very severe on VAs too, just a few degrees. Contrast ratio is stellar but it's hard to see a marked improvement over my 1500:1 reference monitor, even though it's probably some 3000:1 head on. Contrast ratio is only one of the metrics to making a good reference monitor.

Having said that, I have a feeling this reference monitor, from Postium (https://www.postium.com/product/obm-n310/https://www.postium.com/product/obm-n310/) is using a VA panel, since it's contrast ratio talleys with them and IPS panels don't, although it's viewing angle would be optimistic, if that's so.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 10:27 am

There are new IPS panels which hit 2000:1 without any tricks. At least something.
There is a Dell monitor based on it, but has uniformity issues.
I don’t think you can go that cheap and get something decent.

Ellory Yu

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 7:17 pm

Steve Fishwick wrote:Having said that, I have a feeling this reference monitor, from Postium (https://www.postium.com/product/obm-n310/https://www.postium.com/product/obm-n310/) is using a VA panel, since it's contrast ratio talleys with them and IPS panels don't, although it's viewing angle would be optimistic, if that's so.

I checked out Postium and for the price they’re asking of their monitors, I would rather get a EIZO.
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Steve Fishwick

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 5:49 am

Ellory Yu wrote:I checked out Postium and for the price they’re asking of their monitors, I would rather get a EIZO.

If those specs are true, it's a very good price since it would be one of the very few true Lcd Grade 1 SDR monitors around currently, (Oleds tend to be more except the LG I mentioned), but an Eizo 319 is a good enough monitor and I have worked on them happily, in facilities, I still prefer the FSI DM240 though. At the other extreme, since you asked about VA panels, the Panasonic was only 500 quid.

Ellory Yu

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 7:52 am

Steve Fishwick wrote:
Ellory Yu wrote:I checked out Postium and for the price they’re asking of their monitors, I would rather get a EIZO.

If those specs are true, it's a very good price since it would be one of the very few true Lcd Grade 1 SDR monitors around currently, (Oleds tend to be more except the LG I mentioned), but an Eizo 319 is a good enough monitor and I have worked on them happily, in facilities, I still prefer the FSI DM240 though. At the other extreme, since you asked about VA panels, the Panasonic was only 500 quid.

Steve, which Panasonic is this?

Steve Fishwick

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 8:19 am

Ellory Yu wrote:Steve, which Panasonic is this?

The Panasonic TX-40JX850B I mentioned, Ellory, that I use as a client monitor. For the money it's great and not being too big could be used on a desk. It's a consumer TV though at the end of the day, so caveats there are, as I outlined.

Ellory Yu

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 11:37 am

Steve Fishwick wrote:
Ellory Yu wrote:Steve, which Panasonic is this?

The Panasonic TX-40JX850B I mentioned, Ellory, that I use as a client monitor. For the money it's great and not being too big could be used on a desk. It's a consumer TV though at the end of the day, so caveats there are, as I outlined.

Steve, didn’t know it was a consumer TV but thanks for the reply.

Marc Wielage

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 8:12 am

Steve Fishwick wrote:Right now if I was looking for a SDR reference monitor on a budget, I would seriously be looking at the LG EP950, either 32 or 27". Colourists are raving about them over on LGG and they can be had for around 2000 Euros, if you shop around (they were nearer 4K dollars at one point).

Yes, we've been using our 32EP950 for about 10 months, and it's been stellar "so far." Our calibration engineer was able to get a deltaE under .5 or .4, which was the best we've had on any monitor in this price range (under $5000).

Uli Plank

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 9:10 am

For those who think it's too large, there is this: LG 27EP950.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU
Previous

Return to Post Production