4 M/E Constellation Super Source Borders

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Brad@itprotv

4 M/E Constellation Super Source Borders

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 4:13 am

We ordered a Blackmagic Constellation 4 M/E back in June and just received it this week. I installed it and tested out the systems. We also have the new 2 M\E Advanced Panel attached to this Constellation.

Looking at the SuperSources features, I noticed that the border options are grayed out on the Constellation. We have five 4 M/E Atem Studios, and the border feature works on those switchers SuperSouces. I updated to V8.10 to ensure I was on the latest firmware to see if that would unlock these features.

Am I missing something in a menu that would enable the border's functionality? Is that an option that we need to purchase to unlock this functionality? I was under the impression that the 4 M/E Constellation was fully loaded.

jim.chase

Re: 4 M/E Constellation Super Source Borders

PostTue Nov 22, 2022 3:26 am

We also just received our 4 ME Constallation HD and I noticed the same problem. Looks like a bug. We also had the supersorce signal become very choppy and our feed to the screens had noticeable latency issues. After a switcher reboot the choppiness seems to have gone away. Will be watching but I am guessing this is the normal BMD releasing a product and having users quality check the software/hardware. Hoping there isn't a problem with the unit not having enough processing to support the software!

Return to Post Production