Cloud Pod and Dropbox sync

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Gavin Nugent

Cloud Pod and Dropbox sync

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 9:01 am

Has any one figured out how to get a cloud pod to look at a team/shared folder out side of your personal drop box folder.Is this a Bug? if you look in the sale info and manual it not made very clear ...if its a restriction it literally mean the cloud pod is pretty useless for teams ...which I thought was the point of it ...anyway can some one from BM let me know thanks

Bram Willems

Re: Cloud Pod and Dropbox sync

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 10:10 am

Hello,

I recently bought a Blackmagic Cloud Pod, but why would i buy that if i also could buy a NAS? Do I really need to have a paid Dropbox or Google drive account to acces my data in other locations? My understanding was that is didn't need to pay to use it as a NAS. And if I don’t need to pay for one of the accounts how do i use it in other locations, without bringing the cloud pod wherever i go?

Maybe You know the answer.

Sincerely,
Bram Willems

Uli Plank

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 1:11 am

If your footage is small enough, you can work with a free account. But for anything substantial, those companies need to make money. Else it’s postal services ;-)
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Gavin Nugent

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 1:35 pm

Bram Willems wrote:Hello,

I recently bought a Blackmagic Cloud Pod, but why would i buy that if i also could buy a NAS? Do I really need to have a paid Dropbox or Google drive account to acces my data in other locations? My understanding was that is didn't need to pay to use it as a NAS. And if I don’t need to pay for one of the accounts how do i use it in other locations, without bringing the cloud pod wherever i go?

Maybe You know the answer.

Sincerely,
Bram Willems

basically the cloud pod is a facilitator of sharing, So normally in a small edit team every one would have to have drop box sync installed on there machine to be able to sync files ...and this can use up allot of space ....especially with the new update to drop box for Mac which forces you to use internal drive for sync ....So what cloud pod allows you to do Is have one network connect drive which you can all access and which is a mirror of what's in the cloud / drop box .....this would be amazing if the system worked correctly hence my original post ........

Return to Post Production