Audio Routing - Intensity pro 4k

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

raacchel

Audio Routing - Intensity pro 4k

PostThu Dec 29, 2022 4:22 pm

Hello,

I have just installed an intensity pro 4k card so that I have have dual monitor playback while using Avid Media Composer.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about how to route the audio through my focusrite scarlet i2i audio interface box which I currently have two genelec speakers connected. I am unsure about what I may need to buy to make this connection work.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you.

Cupless

Re: Audio Routing - Intensity pro 4k

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 6:18 pm

Rachel, I use this same audio box in my setup, which is a Windows PC. I only needed to download the latest drivers from FocusRite's web site and select the Scarlet in my audio output settings.
Lian Li Lancool 3, ASUS ProArt Z690, I7 13700K, Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II, 128GB PC5600 DDR5, RTX 4080, (2) Samsung M2 1TB 980 Pro, (2) Samsung M2 2TB 970 Pro, (4) Seagate 750GB RAID 0 SATA, LogicKeyboard Astra 2, Avid Artist Color, Win 11 Pro

mpetech

Re: Audio Routing - Intensity pro 4k

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 6:46 pm

raacchel wrote:Hello,

I have just installed an intensity pro 4k card so that I have have dual monitor playback while using Avid Media Composer.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about how to route the audio through my focusrite scarlet i2i audio interface box which I currently have two genelec speakers connected. I am unsure about what I may need to buy to make this connection work.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you.

Are you talking about the video output via Intensity Pro and the audio via Focusrite when using Media Composer?

Can't be done. Avid will always route the audio to the same device as the video. Only way to send it to Focusrite is to disable Intensity and set your OS system audio to Focusrite.

Return to Post Production