HD8 MULTI VIEW MONITOR - and recommendations ?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

richpeart

HD8 MULTI VIEW MONITOR - and recommendations ?

PostSat Mar 04, 2023 11:27 am

I just upgraded to a new HD8
My previous ATEM TV Switcher used to output to my Old 22 inch Sony Bravia fine which I used to cart around with me.
The New HD8 is just showing out of range to on all settings 50P 25P and 50i to this monitor.

I decided that Id buy a smaller easier to carry 'Cheap' HDMI Monitor anyway with the upgrade, so Iwent ahead and I've bought a ASUS ROG XG16 as it had good reviews for colour space.

Ive just plugged it in this morning and have exactly the same issues.

Looking at the tech specs for the monitor it looks like its 60 hz so Im wondering if thats my issue. Im guessing the ATem is outputting 50hz.
Is there a way to fix this ? ? do Ineed to buy yet abother adaptor for some sort of conversion or is it not fixabke ?
If thats the case the monitor can go back to Amazon I guess.

Can anyyone recommend a decent 15" ish monitor that wont bereak the bank ? ?

richpeart

Re: HD8 MULTI VIEW MONITOR - and recommendations ?

PostMon Mar 06, 2023 11:29 am

For anyone thats interested, I have found a 15.7 monitor that works at 50 hz
This ESR portable monitor

https://www.esrgear.com/products/kickst ... e-monitor/

Its avalable on Amazon also

Picture seems good , the ports are on the inside edge of the kickstand is my only slight complaint .
It would be mountable in a case using a converter as Im planning to do . but currently using a £20 fold able stand which is a good height

Monitor is clearer than pic, as ceiling is reflecting and havent taken off the protective film yet.
Attachments
IMG_9251 Large.jpeg
IMG_9251 Large.jpeg (252.24 KiB) Viewed 1084 times

Cybershadow

PostThu Mar 09, 2023 1:28 pm

I like the SEETEC P173-9HSD as a budget option. SDI in, bright enough for indoor use, better color accuracy than a typical PC monitor, works with any broadcast resolution and frame rate.
Greetings from Hamburg, Germany
Jens Willmroth

NicWassell

PostThu Mar 09, 2023 9:49 pm

richpeart wrote:For anyone thats interested, I have found a 15.7 monitor that works at 50 hz
This ESR portable monitor

https://www.esrgear.com/products/kickst ... e-monitor/

Its avalable on Amazon also

Picture seems good , the ports are on the inside edge of the kickstand is my only slight complaint .
It would be mountable in a case using a converter as Im planning to do . but currently using a £20 fold able stand which is a good height

Monitor is clearer than pic, as ceiling is reflecting and havent taken off the protective film yet.

Can I ask you to check if it works at 25p as well? I have an Arzopa portable monitor which only works at 50 or 60p. I’d love to find a portable monitor that does 25p. I assume the HD8 is the same as the Mini Extreme in that the hdmi outputs at the same frame rate as the switcher is set to? Or does it have separate multi view frame rate control? (I can see the option for it in the settings of my Extreme but it’s greyed out).

Return to Post Production