How read micro converter input/output signal parameters

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

FASCIN

How read micro converter input/output signal parameters

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 7:46 pm

Hi All,

In order to tackle some video monitoring issues using a PC monitor I intend to use a Micro Converter
BiDirectional SDI/HDMI 12G (mainly for its embedded LUT functionality).

I also want to be able to read the input/output signal parameters (like resolution, frame rate etc.).

A picture shown on Blackmagic's webpage on Micro Converters shows a blue screen that contains the information on signals that seem to be what I need.
However, there is no description on how to get to this screen. The manual on the converters does not show it, nor does the Setup utility seem to offer this screen.
This is the screen shown on the webpage:

Can anybody tell me how to get to this screen (if possible at all), specificly on the BiDirectional 12G converter ?
W. "Bill" Peters

Anders kijken ... MEER ZIEN !

Robert de Wit

Re: How read micro converter input/output signal parameters

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 10:21 am

Looks like a screen of a typical Tektronix WFM8000. A little bit more expensive that a micro converter.
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 build 6
HP Z840 dual Xeon 28 core, 96GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, RAID set, GTX3060/12GB (Studio Driver), Win10 Pro (22H2), Speed Editor, Alphatrack, RME Digiface USB, Surround Controller, 5.1 Monitoring.

FASCIN

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 10:40 am

Hi Robert,

Thanks for repsonding. Blackmagic sales-support already pointed me in the direction of an analyzing equipment since they were not aware of any solution to read the info from the Blackmagic hardware.
Still, I think it is strange Blackmagic is not able to read the parameters since the parameters I am looking for are needed to setup proper HDMI communication pathes between devices. Maybe they can read/programm the parameters but the firmware does not expose them to the outer world.
Now I know it is Tektronix WFM8000 or alike output shown (and yes, I know these are expensive) it leaves me no other choice then trying one of the "cheap" HDFury devices to get more details on what is going on in the HDMI signal path.

I consider this case closed now. If I have some HDFury results soon I will post them, it might help others troubleshooting HDMI problems.
W. "Bill" Peters

Anders kijken ... MEER ZIEN !

Gianis Kalaitzidis

PostSun Jun 18, 2023 10:31 pm

im in the same situation but looking for an inexpensive solution.

only thing i find is the VRR Information on Lg OLEDs.

Please inform us if you find a solution to check the signal path.

Return to Post Production