Record from Hyperdeck HD to Cloud Store Mini?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

sethholehouse

Record from Hyperdeck HD to Cloud Store Mini?

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 7:00 pm

I posted this in Live Production by accident, so I'm reposting it here—apologies if I'm breaching the rules.

On Blackmagic's product page for the Cloud Store Mini, it says:

"Get broadcast quality video workflows by recording from a HyperDeck Studio directly into Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini. Just connect the HyperDeck Studio to the 1G Ethernet port"

Based on this information, I purchased the Cloud Store Mini, however, it is not recognized by my Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus. I've tried connecting via Ethernet (which is not desirable since it removes my Hyperdeck from the network) and I've tried connecting via USB, but in both cases it still says "No Drive" on my Hyperdeck.

What am I doing wrong?

sethholehouse

Re: Record from Hyperdeck HD to Cloud Store Mini?

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 1:58 pm

For anyone else interested in this topic, I spoke to Blackmagic and they do plan to make updates to the Hyperdeck Studio HD so that it can record over the network to the Cloud Store Mini, however there is no ETA for when the software update will be released.

What this means, unfortunately, is that I paid $2,500 based upon a promise of what I would get but not on what I would actually get, which is the very definition of false advertising.

Jonathan Evans

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 12:14 am

HyperDeck Setup 8.3 adds Network Record and Playback for the following models:

HyperDeck Extreme 4K HDR
HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR
HyperDeck Shuttle HD

Meppie

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 12:08 pm

It should be nice if Blackmagic can give a ETA on this. Now, I copy everything with a from a Hyperdeck 4k via FTP to a Cloud Store or direct to disk on 10 GB/s. Now the festival session start over here It save me a lot of time, when I can record direct to the cloud store.

Trevor Asquerthian

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 11:50 pm

The ShuttleHD is working, recording to network drives, across ethernet. The folders have to be shared with guest access, and there's no way of using registered user credentials (so I can see SMB shares but not log in to gain read/write access).

Obviously that's not what you are trying to get work, but just in case it's useful info to someone

Return to Post Production