Cloud Pod Ethernet Nonfunctional

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

beaurosario

Cloud Pod Ethernet Nonfunctional

PostTue May 16, 2023 3:03 pm

Yesterday I swapped out drives in my Cloud Pod with bigger ones and everything was looking fine. Then I updated the Cloud Store Setup software to 1.1.3, which in turn ran a firmware update on the Pod itself. Since that firmware update, I cannot get the Pod to be recognized on the network or show up in Setup.

It sort of seems like the firmware upgrade bricked the ethernet jack on the Pod, informed by the following tests / facts:

- Plugged Pod into computer via USB (connects great)
- Plugged Pod directly into computer via ethernet (not over the network, does not connect)
- Reset Router / Switcher / Ubiquiti USW (everything else on the USW Pro is working fine, except the Pod)
- Switched ports on the USW (whatever port I plug into reads as "Down")
- Tried downgrading the Cloud Store Setup back to 1.1.2 in the hopes that it would downgrade the firmware of the Pod over USB (doesn't change anything, still can't connect via Ethernet)
- The lights in the Eth port on back of Pod do not light up anymore.
- The main red light on the Pod also does not light up, but I know the device is on because the visualizer comes alive on the monitor I have plugged in via HDMi.
- Tried changing the IP protocol (when connected via USB) to Static, and punched that address in while connected to the network (no dice)

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ben Hilton

Re: Cloud Pod Ethernet Nonfunctional

PostFri May 19, 2023 10:28 pm

I've had so many issues after doing this. what did you upgrade to? I went from portable drives to externally powered drives that were larger.... and it worked great for a while until the upgrade and now everything's just not working properly... no drives recognised, regular disconnects... all sorts of issues

beaurosario

Re: Cloud Pod Ethernet Nonfunctional

PostTue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm

@Ben I went from 2TB T5 drives to 4TB T7 Shield drives, which were working fine until I updated the firmware. Then it was toast.

I have an RMA in with Blackmagic for the unit at the moment. In the meantime, I'm ordering the Cloud Dock because besides this issue (albeit, a pretty critical one) the system has been very impressive over the 8 months I've used it.

Return to Post Production