Damaged ISO video files, any way to recover?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

staylor135

Damaged ISO video files, any way to recover?

PostMon Jun 05, 2023 7:05 pm

Hello,

I figured out that I could read them from a Mac and now trying in a Ubuntu VM, it too will read a version of the files that workable, these files can be transferred as I believe it's the way the system is reading the file system versus things like codecs and so on. Seems like DiskInternals' Linux Reader FS drivers could use some work.

I was recording several graduations This past weekend and on the last one, the ATEM Mini Extreme Failed to stop recording to disk. I was able to cut the stream just fine but asking it to stop recording to disk, it kept the light red and kept going I tried a few times and I wanted a few minutes but no change. Eventually I had to disconnect the drive. I didn't know if disconnecting the drive or disconnecting the system from power would be the way to go.

The capture of the stream seems to be fine, but the video recorded in the ISO folder is viewable. There is a 49GB ~61 minute file but neither windows, VLC, Resolve can make heads or tails of it. (I believe mp4 headers are written at the end of file?)

Is there anything I can do? I'm not even sure if there is anything that can be done or report to the company about this issue with the ATEM. We were under a canopy but we were outside and it was warm this weekend.

The drive is a Samsung T7 Shield external SSD 2TB
HPFS+ Formatted
Switcher software should have been the latest version 9 something, but I'd have to look that up if needed.

Thanks.
Last edited by staylor135 on Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

staylor135

Re: Damaged ISO video files, any way to recover?

PostMon Jun 05, 2023 7:52 pm

So, people might be wondering how am I reading that file system on windows, I'm using Linux reader from Paragon DiskInternals software but I'm using the free version.

I now work with Apple products too so I decided to try it on an M2, before I did I ran disk doctor and it can read the ISO video files! It wasn't disk doctor, it said there were no drive errors. Also reading the files I saved via Linux reader in windows on the Mac didn't work. So I'm trying saving the files to windows from the Mac via the network and see if that produces readable files - BUT I forgot to plug it in before I started the transfer. I'm already past my work hours so I'll update you tomorrow. Also before I come back, I'll try reading the drive via an Ubuntu VM and see if it has better FS support too.

Return to Post Production