DaVinci Resolve - Tab shortcut

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

jobzesage

DaVinci Resolve - Tab shortcut

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 am

Hi,

congrats for the release of DaVinci Resolve 9, I fell in love with the version 8, can't wait to discover the new version :-)

One important question, I'm training our colorist on DaVinci, and he pinpointed a very annoying issue. We own a Tangent Wave board, and it has a few knobs on the top with LCDs and several "pages" of settings available. Like one page is for HSL qualifier, an other one for the Windows,... it roughly matches the user interface. As far as I know, Blackmagic did the matching, at least that's what I was told by the Tangent folks.

The issue is, if on the board the colorist change from HSL qualifier to Window for instance on the board, he has to grab his mouse and do it in the user interface as well. It takes two button clicks to do it on the board (which is complicated enough), and then to have to do it on the UI with the mouse is really irritating. Particularly changing between Qualifier, Window, and Primary grade modes happens countless time in a grading session.

Are there short cuts to change between those tabs in the UI? Can the board match those shortcuts? Will DaVinci 9 offer a little more flexibility on the mapping of third party control boards?

Thank you for your insight!

Jonathan

Ted Karlsson

Re: DaVinci Resolve - Tab shortcut

PostWed Apr 24, 2013 3:39 pm

I agree on this matter. A shame that you still haven't got any answer.
Would be perfect with a tabbing function through the tabs, or just Cmd+Alt+* for Qualifier, and * for Window, and so on. Ofcourse this function is available on the Resolve board, but I don't feel like choking up those money when I just want a function so I can bind my own shortcuts, which would be faster and more customizable.

Pretty please?
Ted Karlsson
Senior Colorist
Kromofor Color Graing Boutique: Malmö, Sweden
www.kromofor.se

Robert Due

Re: DaVinci Resolve - Tab shortcut

PostWed Apr 24, 2013 4:09 pm

On the WAVE, when you go to the HSL Qualifier Menu, you can press Vector and the Qualifier window opens up. I know it's another button to press and it would be great if the UI updated, but at least it is not using the mouse....
Robert Due
Colorist
INDEPENDENT EDIT
DaVinci 11.1.3
OSX 10.8.5 8-core 4,1 2.93 Ghz 24GB RAM
GT120 GUI / Cubix with 2 x TITAN 6GB (CUDA 6.5.18)
Desktop Video v 10.2.3
Decklink Extreme3D+
Panasonic TH-50BT300U
Tangent Wave

Return to Post Production