Micro Bi-Directional 12G Yellow Line + Elevated Blacks

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

SimonLL

Micro Bi-Directional 12G Yellow Line + Elevated Blacks

PostFri Nov 03, 2023 2:30 pm

Hi,
I just bought a MicroConverter Bi-Directional 12G to act as a calibration LUTbox for my new Eizo Monitor on my color grading station.
The signal is coming from a 1st generation BMD Mini-Monitor (1080 YUV 4:2:2 only) into the BiDrectional 12G then HDMI out to the monitor.

My problem is when I have HDMI coming into the converter, there is a yellow vertical line on the left about 1 pixel wide and the blacks are elevated. That is the case irrespective of the legal/Illegal settings in BMD converters and Resolve. I have tried every combination and the result is always the same elevated blacks, yellow line and wrong picture. That happens with or without a LUT loaded in the converter, even after multiple Factory Resets to v7.6.1 or v8.0 The cable are all brand new HDMI 2.1 cables (rated 8k@60Hz).

The problem does not happen when I use SDI out of Resolve. I don't really mind doing SDI -> Converter -> HDMI -> Monitor, but I may want to upgrade my setup later and will need HDMI -> HDMI with LUT.

Do I have a faulty unit? Is the signal supposed to be like that when doing HDMI In -> HDMI Out?

Here is an image of the problem. No need to comment on panel uniformity, it is an old monitor I'm replacing :-D
BiDirProblem.jpg
BiDirProblem.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 718 times

Thanks!
Intel i7-7700k, 32GB RAM DDR4 2400, EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB, W10, Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.1

Username

Re: Micro Bi-Directional 12G Yellow Line + Elevated Blacks

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 4:47 pm

Hi

Did you ever found out the reason for the line and black irregularities?
Grew up with a Nikon FM
Resolve & Fusion Studio 18.6
MBP M1 16GB/1TB
MM M1 16GB/512GB TB4 1TB & 2TB
MM i7 16GB/1TB & PowerColor Vega 56 8GB

Return to Post Production