Playing system sounds with Desktop Video on Linux

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

sbedford

Playing system sounds with Desktop Video on Linux

PostMon Dec 04, 2023 9:38 am

Hi,

I have Desktop Video 12.5 running on Rocky Linux and all is well.
I run Flame and Resolve and both can play video and audio.

I am wondering if I can also play system sounds, videos, browser videos and spotify through the Desktop Video as well.
This is possible on Mac but I cannot see any explanation that it's possible on Rocky Linux.

When I go to the sound settings the only device I see is HDMI/Display Port, and there's no option to switch over to Desktop Video.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Hataki

Re: Playing system sounds with Desktop Video on Linux

PostFri Mar 08, 2024 4:44 am

sbedford wrote:Hi,

I have Desktop Video 12.5 running on Rocky Linux and all is well.
I run Flame and Resolve and both can play video and audio.

I am wondering if I can also play system sounds, videos, browser videos and spotify through the Desktop Video as well.
This is possible on Mac but I cannot see any explanation that it's possible on Rocky Linux.

When I go to the sound settings the only device I see is HDMI/Display Port, and there's no option to switch over to Desktop Video.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks

By the way, I'm personally very lucky, I recently promoted my Spotify account as well. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but luckily I found experts in https://promosoundgroup.net/collection/streaming-promotion/spotify-promotion/ and now I have every opportunity to become even more popular. So if you need it too, you already know who can help. It's not an easy task to get development in this field right now.

Return to Post Production