Copy/paste PORTION of Node Tree?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

samstuder

Copy/paste PORTION of Node Tree?

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 3:20 am

Hello

I'm running into an issue now where I've done the exposure and white balance for all my clips in a scene. Now I want to add the rest of the node tree (with blur, grain, LUT, etc) to all of these clips. The trouble is, I can only seem to copy and paste the entire node tree, thus removing those customized EX/WB grades, or I can copy and paste only a single node after I changed it to selected nodes only in Preferences.

Is there any way to copy the back end of my final grade and apply it to other clips?

Cheers

Sam

UweUwe

Re: Copy/paste PORTION of Node Tree?

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 7:22 am

Hi Sam,

Yes, you can achieve this by using the 'Append Node Graph' feature. When you copy your desired nodes and then right-click on the node graph of the clip you want to apply them to, select 'Append Node Graph.' This will add your copied nodes to the end of the existing node graph, preserving your existing grades.

Hope this helps!

Glenn Sakatch

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 4:16 pm

One method is to make a version of your shot with just the two nodes you want to replicate everywhere else.

Grab a still of that tree.

Then on the other shots, you can use that still as a "append" function, and it will add those nodes to the end of every other shot.

Dont forget to go back to the previous version of the original shot, so you have all it's original corrections.

samstuder

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 pm

Glenn Sakatch wrote:One method is to make a version of your shot with just the two nodes you want to replicate everywhere else.

Grab a still of that tree.

Then on the other shots, you can use that still as a "append" function, and it will add those nodes to the end of every other shot.

Dont forget to go back to the previous version of the original shot, so you have all it's original corrections.

That worked! I didn't know about the append feature. I feel like this should be a simple highlight>copy>paste feature, but alas.

Thank you!

Return to Post Production