Multi Cam, Multi audio

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

AJKinOHIO

Multi Cam, Multi audio

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 8:07 pm

I have 1 scene that was shot from 6 different angles, with multiple takes, sometimes 4 audio tracks and sometimes 6. I edited down the clips into all their different takes which totals 18.

What I'm trying to do is a multicam mix with the best audio from those takes and I'm not finding any easy way to do this. The first problem I have come up with is I can't select the files in the media pool and right click, create new multicam clip, because that's going to include all the fluff that I just edited out. I cannot, also, select the edited clips from the timeline, right click, create new multicam clip, because that's not even an option.

So ultimately the question is, how do I go about this craziness in the most efficient manner possible.

Thanks!
ajk
-------
www.portagelakesmedia.com

Joe Shapiro

Re: Multi Cam, Multi audio CHAOS

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 pm

I’m not sure I understand your issue/workflow yet. Are you saying you edited the clips down before putting them in a multicam?
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.6
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

AJKinOHIO

Re: Multi Cam, Multi audio CHAOS

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 1:47 am

Joe Shapiro wrote:I’m not sure I understand your issue/workflow yet. Are you saying you edited the clips down before putting them in a multicam?

Yes. Am I already off to a wrong start? lol
ajk
-------
www.portagelakesmedia.com

Return to Post Production