2 Cloud Pod Issues not Working as Expected

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Jeffrey D Mathias

2 Cloud Pod Issues not Working as Expected

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 3:25 pm

Have Cloud Pod and USB drive connected and connected to DropBox. Everything seems to work right except two things.

1) When the Cloud Pod storage is set to "Enable Read Only" it does nothing... will not send to Dropbox and will not receive from Dropbox (expected not to receive from, but it should sync and write to Dropbox.)
As soon as I uncheck "Enable Read Only" it begins working and is fine except for the next issue.

2) In Cloud Sync if I set to "Sync proxies only" nothing happens. I tried this before making proxies and after making proxies using the BMD Proxy Generator. just does not work. If I set it to "Sync both originals and proxies" then all works as expected... file are sent to Dropbox. BUT ONLY if the Storage check box is not checked (issue #1.)

Is there a firmware update for this? All my software is the most recent. (system described below)

NOTE: when I use the USB-C drive connected to the Pod and Network and then use Blackmagic Cloud Service and set to sync proxies only, the proxies are loaded to the BMD Cloud fine.

Hopefully someone at BMD will read this and have an answer. Thanks
AMD Threadripper 1950x 16-core 3.4 GHz
96 GB Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC UDIMM RAM
AsRock Fatal1ty x399 motherboard
AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 GPU
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 22H2, build 19045.3208
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
iPad Pro M2

Jeffrey D Mathias

Re: 2 Cloud Pod Issues not Working as Expected

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 pm

I am modifying above issue #2

2) When set to "proxies only" I stated it does nothing. This was because there were many files... so I changed to only having one braw file and its proxy... and something does happen... both the original and the proxy are sent to Dropbox. So the issue seems that both are sent when "sync proxies only" is selected.

I would like only the proxies sent to Dropbox... the originals are too large (from a 12K.)
Am I doing this the correct way? Do originals have to be sent? (I did not think so.) and if so, can the system on the other end know which files are proxies?

and the #1 issue still remains.
AMD Threadripper 1950x 16-core 3.4 GHz
96 GB Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC UDIMM RAM
AsRock Fatal1ty x399 motherboard
AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 GPU
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 22H2, build 19045.3208
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
iPad Pro M2

Return to Post Production