Cloud Store - Randomly Throttling Connections To 1Gb

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

OllyVee

Cloud Store - Randomly Throttling Connections To 1Gb

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 9:23 am

Okay, this is the latest in a long line of frustrating behaviours with this piece of kit. I lose track of how often I have to pull the plug and restart this thing - these problems are definitely becoming more frequent - yet the utility/setup app tells me nothing other than all is well! :roll:

My team are all on Mac Studio boxes, directly tethered to the Cloud Store on 10Gb CAT7. We'll have a couple of days of working fine, then everyone will report that their After Effects/Premiere projects have become unworkably slow. I'll go check the Cloud Store and there will be one of 2 things wrong:

1. The HDMI status screen is frozen - but the Cloud Store itself is still available to clients, albeit cripplingly slow.
2. All the 10GB/e LAN connections have been throttled back to 1Gb.

I have checked the Macs during these slow-downs, and their network settings are still reporting a 10Gb connection to the Cloud Store - so I'm confident it's not a MacOS issue. To resolve the throttling issue I have to switch off all the Macs, and pull the power cord on the Cloud Store and reboot everything to restart the service at 10Gb, but this will only provide a fix for 2-3 days at most.

Anyone know why / have found a resolution to why the 10Gb ports are randomly dropping to 1Gb?

Return to Post Production