Ultrastudio 4k Mini vs Media Player 10G for simultaneous I/O

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

christopherman

Ultrastudio 4k Mini vs Media Player 10G for simultaneous I/O

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 2:59 am

Hello,

The new Media Player 10G touts capture and playback simultaneously. Is this box more efficient at this or maybe better said, designed to do this better then the Ultrastudio 4k Mini?

Thanks

Chris
Last edited by christopherman on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oresztesz Nemes

Re: Ultrastudio 4k Mini vs Media Player 10G for Silmultaniou

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:35 pm

I was wondering the same, or to be more blunt: could the Media Player 10G be basically a slightly cheaper Ultrastudio 4k Mini with extra features (like real time keying and cropping)?
Why would anyone go for Ultrastudio 4k Mini? :?:
Ultrastudio Express, Ultrastudio Mini Recorder

Steve Fishwick

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 pm

As far as I am aware you cannot capture and playback, at the same time on the US 4K Mini; at least I have never been able to on mine. Whether that has changed in 12.9, I can't say, since that version is currently bricking the unit.

The 4K Mini has some features for traditional post that the Media Player 10G doesn't; such as: BB and Tri-sync Ref in; HDMI 2.0b in; RS422 deck control; analogue balanced audio in; and component in. They may or may not be important to you. Conversely the 10G has features likewise not in the 4K Mini; for live and multicam use, I believe.

Overall, if you are needing a device mainly for an edit suite and monitoring, the Ultrastudio 4K Mini is still the better fit.

Videobegin

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 3:44 pm

I asked myself an equivalent question: initially I would use it with H2Rgraphics for fill and key but if the Media Player is able to handle simultaneous streams it would open the door to other uses... in addition I prefer a "real and stable connection" in 10G ;)

jtr210

Re: Ultrastudio 4k Mini vs Media Player 10G for simultaneous

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 4:24 pm

I use my Ultrastudio 4k Mini for simultaneous video in and out using vMix. I have done this many times. I don't know how simultaneous I/O works with Premier or otehr editing softwares, but it works great in vMix.

Return to Post Production