Help: Flickering JVC projector, ultrastudio, hyperdeck,

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

trickypig

Help: Flickering JVC projector, ultrastudio, hyperdeck,

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm

Hello all-
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I am having a frustrating issue, and cannot diagnose if it is DVR or the projector causing the issue.

I have attached a diagram of my office setup.

Problem: When editing in DVR 18.6, the JVC RS3100/NZ8 kicks on and off, dims, and flickers. Flicker not present when using any other device to send image to JVC. Flicker is not constant. Random. Someday it plays for mins or hours fine, then sometimes it starts flickering immediately. Room is temperature controlled, projector not hot.

I have tried multiple setups and converters to figure out what is inducing the flicker. Multiple hyperdecks, multiple SDI-HDMI converters. I have placed monitors in line in multiple places. No flicker, save the projector only.

Help wanted.
computer details in diagram.
Attachments
Diagram2.jpg
Diagram2.jpg (247.21 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Uli Plank

Re: Help: Flickering JVC projector, ultrastudio, hyperdeck,

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 1:42 am

Since you didn't get any response from someone with such a projector yet, I'll try a guess:
I have seen issues with the BMD converters and some monitors in the past. What helped me (and some others too) was a cheap Chinese HDMI splitter, which seems to ignore HDCP. These are so cheap, it might be worth a try. (BTW, I envy you for that projector. I used to have a D-ILA in HD long ago, and it was great.)
My splitter looks like this:
Splitter.jpg
Splitter.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to Post Production