experiences with BMD storage?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

experiences with BMD storage?

PostSun May 12, 2024 5:40 pm

I'm looking around for a NAS for post production workflows, and since BMD now has a product range in that category as well, i'm obviously a tiny bit interested. I currently own a qnap and synology system, which offer a lot of options and flexibility.

How are the cloud store options from blackmagic compared to the more established NAS systems (qnap/synology, etc)? Like, is it possible to login from home? or security wise, does everyone who is connected have all the rights to everything? are disks/drives easily replaced? I'm also guessing there are no apps (to run a plex server for example). Any other pros/cons ?

Rick van den Berg

Re: experiences with BMD storage?

PostMon May 13, 2024 8:06 pm

i guess not many customers yet :(

marshalla08

Re: experiences with BMD storage?

PostSat May 18, 2024 11:26 pm

I'm curious to get more info too. I'd like to consider upgrading my office edit suites with fully 10Gb capable components and servers. Currently using Synology for camera original storage and Avid Nexis Pro for offline editing (still considering migrating away from Avid as well and going full DaVinci if some edit page features can be improved).

Namely, I'd like to know which media server from Blackmagic do they recommend for primarily in-house editors for project/media sharing. Is it the new Cloud Store Max, or the older Cloud Store? Also, which network switches are recommended for such a workflow with 10Gb capability?

Return to Post Production