Render and edit questions

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Pepijn Klijs

Render and edit questions

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 pm

1. I love the new 'flag' feature, which enables me to flag shots for render for instance. So I flagged 23 shots that needed vfx, but in the delivery page I got lost. I couldn't find any way to just render those 23 flagged shots, eventhough I filtered the timeline to only show them. Is there a button Im missing?

2. When all the shots came back from vfx I wanted to edit them above there original shots in the timeline on videotrack 2. I have 3 questions about this:
a. When I did an overwrite the shot was missing the last frame and I had to manually trim the last frame to resolve that issue. Why? Why doesn't the overwrite function edit the whole clip in the source viewer?
b. If I drag a clip from the mediabrowser onto the timeline the other shots 'after' it get rippled, in other words they dont stay in place but by the length of the clip your dragging in. Is there any way to prevent this?
c. if I place a new shot on v2 it copies the grade from the shot on v1 into that new shot. Can I switch that of somehow?

Thanks

Return to Post Production