Resolve Input Sizing Preset problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

ericjhaase

Resolve Input Sizing Preset problem

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm

I have a couple R3D sequences in Resolve that were conformed from FCP 7 XMLs. The conforms were spot on- everything looks great. The same source clip is used multiple times in the sequence and in a second sequence. I graded clips with the "remote grade" set to version 1. Then I used the feature where you can copy the remote grades to local version 1. All clips are now currently local versions. When I change the grade on a clip, the next time the clip is used in the sequence it does not reflect the changes - which is behavior I would expect in the LOCAL grade mode. When I change the size of a clip in the input sizing (with PTZR), it stays independent from future instances of the same source clip, which is consistent with how the grades behave and what I would expect. However, when I apply a sizing PRESET (to input sizing) for the clip, ALL instances of the clip in the same sequence AND other sequences adopt this input sizing preset, even though I am still in local versions. This is boggling my mind. I need to size clips in an efficient manner! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to Post Production