TIFF causes FCP 7 to crash while output through Intensity Pr

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

frankbuck

TIFF causes FCP 7 to crash while output through Intensity Pr

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello,

I have a setup with a Mac Pro 12-core running OS 10.7.5, Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 and BM Intensity Pro with BM Desktop Video 9.6.8.

Every time I open a TIFF file (RGB, 8 or 16 bpc) from FCP Browser to Viewer, FCP crashes. I'm aware of the limitation of pixel size of still images in FCP, and this is not the problem here, files doesn't exceed 2000x1000 px.

If I turn External Video OFF in FCP the problem disappears. I can open TIFF images in Viewer directly from the Browser. As soon as I turn External Video back on, FCP crashes and this message appears:
"Final Cut Pro quit unexpectedly while using the Blackmagic Codec plug-in."
I have tried different video output settings in BM Desktop Video preferences to see if that helps, but no luck so far.
I have trashes FCP preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled BM Desktop Video software.

Does anyone have the same problem....and better: does any one of you have a solution....except from turning external video off? That is not an option...
Thanks!

craftny

Re: TIFF causes FCP 7 to crash while output through Intensit

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm

This seems to be something with the pixel aspect ratio or overall frame size. Had a clip that is 3280x2130 and it would crash FCP when trying to play in the viewer. If External Video is turned off no problem.
When I converted file to 1920x1080 also no problem. Project works fine when using an AJA Kona 3. Only having issues when using BMD Decklink Extreme. Hoping BMD has some help on this.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: TIFF causes FCP 7 to crash while output through Intensit

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 pm

There is an issue where if you use a still image that is not the size of the sequence it could cause an issue. As a work around i'd recommend sizing the still to the sequence size then import it in.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Post Production