Can I use a HDLInk Pro for dual display in DaVinci resolve 9

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dqford

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can I use a HDLInk Pro for dual display in DaVinci resol

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 5:36 am

HI, could you provide some more detail as your question is a little open ended? Are you refering to using the SDI output of the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ to connect into the HDLink Pro to feed a DVI monitor, or something else?
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

dqford

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm

No, I meant to ask if I could only use the HDLink Pro as a stand-alone output card?

I just purchased a broadcast monitor, Sony PVM, to use as the dual display for DaVinci color grading. Now I need a card of some sort to do that. I think I would like to get the HDLink Pro because I can also use it on set for applying luts and what not. However, that is only incidental to my primary goal of dual display.

Sorry if it's confusing. This is all new to me and I really don't understand the output cards. I always thought you could just plug in an HDMI cord from my computer to the screen and presto-chango have a signal.

After reading the BMD website product page, I'm left with even more questions! Sorry again. I'm ready to purchase now though so I have to figure this thing out.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am

The HD link pro is not designed for that application. You need a decklink card. Please refer to the resolve config guide at the top of this section.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to Post Production