problem with opening my project

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dace

problem with opening my project

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Hello,

I use (and used) Resolve 9. Unfortunatelly one of my discs (without footage) crashed and I had to reinstall Windows system. Now I have folder "Resolve Projects", where is subfolder "Users", where I click a subfolder with my username and next is subfolder with my project folders: "Sessions", "Thumbnails" and 3 xml files (Config, Gallery, Project). A xml file "Project" is the biggest and is saved with a date and time when I saved my project last time. When I go to DaVinci Resolve 9 (reinstalled on a new system - same Windows 7) and click "import project" I don't see a file to import, when I click "import xml", I can see a "Project" xml file, but "Invalid final cut pro xml file" error appears.

I have all footage in the same place as it was in past. Is that possible to open my project with my old color correction?

best regards,

Paul

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: problem with opening my project

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi Paul,

You only use the Import option for files you've Exported, which will have a .drp extension.

You only use the Import XML option to load an XML file from an NLE to conform a list in Resolve.

Everything below is based on an assumption I'm making that you are no longer connected to your original database after the Resolve reinstall. And that all you see when you launch Resolve is a guest, admin and a New User icon. If that's true, continue on. If that's not true, and you still have a user login and you still see your original projects, but a particular project is the issue, let me know.

It sounds like you are (or were) using a Disk database.

When you launch Resolve, do you see your normal user login icons? Did you ever create any before the disk issue? If you had created a user login, like paul, and that is no longer there, then you are not connected to your original database. In that case, on the login page, select the disc icon in the lower right to open the Database Manager window. Select the menu icon in the upper right, then select the Connect menu. In the "Connect To An Existing Database" window that opens, click the dropdown menu selector in the Driver section, and select DISK. In the Label area, give it a name that does not already exist in the database list in the main Database Manager window. Then click the item in the Hosts area and select the path where you said see the Resolve Projects folder. You want to select the folder ABOVE Resolve Projects, then click Choose. Don't select the Resolve Projects folder itslef. Now highlight the new database in the list, and click the menu icon in the upper left again, and select the Select menu. If you had created a user before, and you see that user appear, then you have successfully connected to the database. Hopefully you can recover your existing projects.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

dace

Re: problem with opening my project

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Just give me your adress and I will send you a bottle of nice beer from Poland!

Everything is working. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Paul

Return to Post Production