Teranex Thunderbolt connection for PC

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

afarid

Teranex Thunderbolt connection for PC

PostTue Dec 25, 2012 6:05 pm

Is there any plan to support Teranex Thunderbolt connection for PC (PC with Thunderbolt motherboard).

Cheers
farid

Xack

Re: Teranex Thunderbolt connection for PC

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm

afarid wrote:Is there any plan to support Teranex Thunderbolt connection for PC (PC with Thunderbolt motherboard).

Cheers
farid

I also want to know the same thing. I want to know if it can be used with a Windows 7 or 8 64-bit based PC with a Thunderbolt motherboard like Asus' P8Z77-V PREMIUM. If not, will it be supported in the future? Thanks!

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes we do plan to support Teranex 2D's thunderbolt connection on the PC and we are working on that now. Not sure how long it will be until it is done.

After it's done all new units will have this feature out of the box. People with existing units will need to send them to us for a firmware flash.

As soon as we release that feature contact us and we can setup the RMA to get it flashed for you guys.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

afarid

PostThu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Joshua,
Thank you for the good news, looking forward for the release.

Best Regards
Farid
AdFac3

Brandon Richardson

PostFri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 am

Joshua Helling wrote:Yes we do plan to support Teranex 2D's thunderbolt connection on the PC and we are working on that now. Not sure how long it will be until it is done.

After it's done all new units will have this feature out of the box. People with existing units will need to send them to us for a firmware flash.

As soon as we release that feature contact us and we can setup the RMA to get it flashed for you guys.

Maybe this just went over my head, but why would Cameras need to be sent back for firmware updates? This cant be sent out OTA then uploaded to the consumers camera? Sending the unit back to get firmware flashed just threw me for a loop.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 am

This thread is about Terenex converters, not cameras.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Brandon Richardson

PostFri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:This thread is about Terenex converters, not cameras.

ahhhhhhhh I knew something wasnt clicking so we would have to ship the converter back in to get flashed. Reading and comprehension I tell you :lol: aplogies

Justin Stephenson

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any update on PC Thunderbolt compatibility and the Teranex 2D. I just purchased an ASUS laptop with TB and it would be great to be able to use my Teranex 2D for IO on remote jobs.

Why does the Teranex have to go back for the flash? Will USB firmware uploads not be able to address the Thunderbolt interface?

Best,
- Justin
Justin Stephenson
Moving Image Designer
http://justinstephenson.com
---------
18.6.4 Studio, W11 Pro, 13700K, Z690 ASUS ProArt, lots of M.2, NAS w 10Gbe mass storage, 128GB RAM, RTX4090, UltraStudio Monitor 3G -> FSI DM240. Micro Panel, Speed Editor.

Justin Stephenson

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 2:36 am

Ahah. I didn't see that the new update has been posted. Works like a charm with my thunderbolt laptop - AVID, Ultrascope, CS6 all work great with the Teranex as an I/O interface.
Justin Stephenson
Moving Image Designer
http://justinstephenson.com
---------
18.6.4 Studio, W11 Pro, 13700K, Z690 ASUS ProArt, lots of M.2, NAS w 10Gbe mass storage, 128GB RAM, RTX4090, UltraStudio Monitor 3G -> FSI DM240. Micro Panel, Speed Editor.

Return to Post Production