Decklink Mini Monitor not working with avid or media express

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

tobycook

Decklink Mini Monitor not working with avid or media express

PostFri Jul 24, 2015 12:36 pm

I have a Decklink Mini Monitor installed on my PC under Windows 7 Pro. Video output works great from Resolve, but Avid Media Composer doesn't see the card at all (I'm trying to get it working as a client monitor).

Media Express software doesn't work either - it says "Blackmagic hardware could not be found in your system".

Device Manager says everything is fine. I've also tried re-installing the Desktop Video package completely with no change.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

Toby.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (263.44 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (218.89 KiB) Viewed 1717 times

Adam Simmons

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor not working with avid or media exp

PostFri Jul 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Are you trying to open more than 1 program at once?

You could try installing an earlier driver so it flashes the firmware to an earlier date then re-install the newer driver so it updates the card again. Also make sure you disable or remove any antivirus software in case that is stopping the plugins from being installed
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

tobycook

PostMon Aug 10, 2015 7:45 pm

I tried uninstalling and re-installing everything, and different drivers etc, but no joy.

Perhaps DECKLINK MINI MONITOR is not compatible with Avid 8 or 8.3 or 8.4 on windows?

Adam Simmons

PostTue Aug 11, 2015 5:23 am

There's a new 10.4.3 driver, you could try that.

I don't have one in the office, but as it's a fairly recent product it should work. Bear in mind you can only have 1 piece of software open at a time that accesses the card.

Have you tried moving the card into a different slot on the motherboard?

Do you have any Antivirus software installed as it's possible that may be blocking the installation of plugins?

Is you Avid installed into the default location?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Post Production