GPUDirect For Video

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Malcolm

GPUDirect For Video

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Hey, I've seen announcements that blackmagic supports Nvidia's GPUDirect For Video. However, looking through the decklink SDK I don't see a way for me to tie my application into this. It seems like I still need to read to/from CPU memory. Any pointers? Is support just not released yet?

Thanks

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: GPUDirect For Video

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 am

HI Malcolm -
We have been providing beta code samples for Open GL loop thru compositing to achieve gpu to Decklink card family and back to GPU ( this also includes Intensity Pro) when you have an NVIDIA Quadro 4000, 5000 or 6000 in your system. This sample and the supporting drivers require at this time the professional line of graphics cards. If you contact me on email mjefferson at blackmagicdesign dot com then I can help you with that beta sample You will need to use current Windows 7 64 bit driver. We have not implemented Linux yet and do not have a schedule for Linux.

Matt Jefferson
Developer Relations

chi

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Which Blackmagic card can work with Quadro 4000 using the GPUDirect technology?

Chi

Christine Peterson

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi Chi,

Quadro 4000, 5000, 6000 under Blackmagic Design Windows driver 9.6.5 and SDK 9.6.4 from Blackmagic Design will support all currently shipping Decklink PCIE cards and Intensity Pro PCIE card for GPU Direct for Video. Both Driver and SDK are required to implement this functionality into your program.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

chi

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Christine,

Does the functionality of GPUDirect already embedded in the driver and sdk? In other word, if I use a Decklink card and your sdk, do I still need to do programming in GPUDirect? Also, could you recommand a card if I want to capture video of 1280*1024 uncompressed from a DVI connector.

Thanks

Chi

Return to Post Production